The long walk home..

6 minutes ago, tb25 said:

I feel littery like I murdered her and strange as that may sound 2 you all..

Feel like it was 2 all rushed..

I should of payed the bill and gone from there and if need be then had her put 2 sleep rather than making the split decision..

f***ing hell she deserved a second chance surely. 

f***ing heart breaking man

I should of put her 2 sleep..

At the end of the day her foot was f****d yes..but to kill her for that.?

I killed her for nothing..she could of still lived the rest of her life right her chilling and having a good life.

f***ing disgusting 

I spent £4,500 on a bitch with a leg injury and gave her loads of extra recovery and build up time and the first time she was off the lead the leg went again. I went through the idea of having the leg removed and was told by Noel Fitzpatrick (the super vet ) that an otherwise fit and healthy running dog with three legs is literarily on borrowed time unless it’s kept in a lead permanently due to the immense force it will be putting on the opposite leg from the removed one which will result in a catastrophic injury to that leg. what sort of miserable life is that for a running dog. 
you did the right thing the butch is at peace and out of pain. 

• Like 3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I put her in a plot next 2 the old terrier..the only dogs they liked was each other?  ..plenty tears shed last night lol.    

I appreciate the comments lads cheers. Were not all the same and think differently.. Am just missing my mate is all..feeling shitty and guilty.  Sound lads

This wrist was broke and everything else below it I beleave..pretty much smashed up...they could of took the leg off but that didn't sit with me well.. And they said they could of half fixed it u

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, tb25 said:

I should of payed the bill and gone from there and if need be then had her put 2 sleep rather than making the split decision..

I killed her for nothing..she could of still lived the rest of her life right her chilling and having a good life.

f***ing disgusting 

She had a great life and the end was quick and painless that's all any of us ask. Put the love, energy and care into a pup and in time the hurt will fade but the good memories will remain.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tb25 said:

f***ing disgusting 

ffs move on  now, stuff happens to running dogs  ,:thumbs:

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

No need to be a cock mate. Agree with the sentiment to a point but folk are allowed to feel sh*tty about stuff and voice it. 

be very carefull who you call a cock.  you are very lucky you are not facing this old man when you call me names !!

• Haha 3
28 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

No need to be a cock mate. Agree with the sentiment to a point but folk are allowed to feel sh*tty about stuff and voice it. 

25 minutes ago, riohog said:

be very carefull who you call a cock.  you are very lucky you are not facing this old man when you call me names !!

Go on sheepy, 'throat punch the c**t!'  ?

• Haha 3
31 minutes ago, riohog said:

Calm down dearest. No point trying to be Muhammad I’m ard Bruce Lee about.

I speak as I find and I would say it to your face.

The lad is gutted and obviously hurting, understandably. As I said I largely  agree with your sentiment, but have you ever heard the saying “it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it”.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

The lad is gutted and obviously hurting, understandably. As I said I largely  agree with your sentiment, but have you ever heard the saying “it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it”.

Be careful how you say things.snowflake alert ?

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Perhaps you might take heed of your own advice?

Edited by sandymere
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, riohog said:

ffs move on  now, stuff happens to running dogs  ,:thumbs:

A shit one goes you barely realise they gone but when you lose a good dog that’s never let you down and always gave 100% you never fully move on, I think of my little garde every day?

The lads dog had to be pts and he’s gutted...... and I’m the only one who thinks “ffs things happen, move on” is perhaps not the greatest thing to say. Clearly an out of order snow flake ? 

Back to the OP. I lost one last season mate and blamed myself in a lot of ways, and you’ll never forget the dog, you just need to learn from the Experiance and try to focus on the good times you had with her, and out the time into the other dogs to keep your mind off it mate. It’s sucks and there isn’t any way around that. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, tb25 said:

f***ing disgusting 

Shit dude sorry to hear about your dog rip

dont beat your self up over it or dwell to much what’s done is done an was done for the right reasons 

1 hour ago, sid g said:

i guess its all part n parcel of owning working dogs had to put a few terriers to ground way before there time but its some thing you deal with in your own way ,  you cant go back in time  and as much as you beat yourself up over nothing will change ,  you`ll come to terms with it over time   , 

?