Best dog you’ve owned - past or present

Not a very good picture of him ( Top Left ) Spring We call them Staghounds - Scottish Deerhound x Greyhound ( had a touch of bull as well ) 27 tts an absolute mental case with speed and stamina to burn Killed anything you wanted him too and was stock safe

k2c1fd0.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 saluki grey my best friend from 15 + never have another like her took it for granted the standard she set a old Shepard told me you’ll never have another better than your first an he was right I’l

Beddy/bull/grey bitch...best all-rounder I've owned,came to me at 18 months old after a friend went over the wall.a dog that just seemed to make things happen and catch where ever we went, worked with

I’ll start. My father got this bitch off a traveller when she was around 1 year old I was about 12/13 at the time we never fully knew what was in her just told it was beddy whippet with a bitta G

Posted Images

3 hours ago, toolebox said:

Why the bloody hell do the good ones die early when the average potlicker has no lucky escapes & lives to old age ,its a question Ive yet to find a answer too Aussie whip.

Yeah I know, as they say, the brightest flame burns quickest.

5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

The best dog I've owned of any breed is my now aging blue whippet/stag. She's caught countless rabbits, the odd hare and fox, battled rogue roos in my defence and mixed it with pigs on occasion. She has her own lounge and is a much loved family dog. Her black and white sister in the pic was also becoming a champ but died at 2.

Smokey  

27604226_10155297600408589_1477364708_o.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

Not a very good picture of him ( Top Left ) Spring We call them Staghounds - Scottish Deerhound x Greyhound ( had a touch of bull as well ) 27 tts an absolute mental case with speed and stamina to burn Killed anything you wanted him too and was stock safe

k2c1fd0.jpg

Aussie is the home of the wild pig for sure ,unmatched numbers of pigs .

This bitch has been the best Iv owned can turn her hand to most things and great around the house and kennel , brought on a lot youngsters , I think my younger bitch will be better at what I do now but no where near her at other aspects , not the best dog I’ve seen that goes to a dog local to me that’s now passed but had the privilege to watch her work in last year or two of her life 

7EB6D1BF-A55A-4480-8E57-DFC14F7DEB00.jpeg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, toolebox said:

Aussie is the home of the wild pig for sure ,unmatched numbers of pigs .

Still the odd one about Ha Ha, I'm to old for that business now iv'e taken more than my share with dogs over the years.

40 minutes ago, Sirblessed said:

He is 13 today no he is not working now retired 

203403867_10158229612428589_405486884436722941_n.jpg

Im a believer in those coats now after trailing them for a couple of weeks ,great for thin skinned running dogs ,they just love warm .Unsually I spend time and effort just before the winter placing straw in every kennel along with sacks over the door but it never lasts more than a couple of weeks & sacks eaten arent a owners friend .

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

This bitch has been the best Iv owned can turn her hand to most things and great around the house and kennel , brought on a lot youngsters , I think my younger bitch will be better at what I do now but no where near her at other aspects , not the best dog I’ve seen that goes to a dog local to me that’s now passed but had the privilege to watch her work in last year or two of her life 

7EB6D1BF-A55A-4480-8E57-DFC14F7DEB00.jpeg

A great picture of a goodie !

To all the goodie dogs out there ,some still here ,others long gone ,to them I tip my hat ,you have my respect ,job well done .Now Im done posted enough for at least two months .......later TB

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 3

Yes, I would only echo your words Toolbox?

Rightly or wrongly,.. "Lurchers have been my Life"....without the help and influence of my working pals,..I would still be a cast-iron loser....My lack of formal schooling and my own quirky temperament, insured that I was going nowhere in life,...fast?

My strong connection to lurchers and the kudos a wee bit of amateur scribbling produced, opened so many previously shut doors and enabled me to become, a rural Pest Controller..

For this,.. I thank them..?

Best dog ever?

Well, to be truthful, I've never owned a world beater, or a champion this or that, only honest jukels.

I've been fortunate, and worked with many good dogs,.good,.. in so many different ways ?

Anyway, lets hear all about your own favorite animals lads..

All the best, and stay safe, regards, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1