I thought this would be the appropriate section to post this. , John passed away peacefully on Friday 25 June , John amongst others founded the Durham and Northumberland working terrier club , he will be greatly missed . 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

That's a shame. Not pretending that I knew him and only met him at club meetings many years ago and occasionally at shows in more recent years. An absolute gent from a bygone age, more's the pity. RIP.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Great ambassador for terriers, will be missed terribly.

R.I.P. John.

D.

met him a few times never a lot to say but when he did you listened . all the old boys will soon be gone  terriermen the  likes of this country will never see again rip john winch ,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, sid g said:

the  likes of this country will never see again

Sorry mate but Ive got to disagree there, theres terriermen just as if not more committed to terriers as any of the old timers, they may be rare but they are out there

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Sorry mate but Ive got to disagree there, theres terriermen just as if not more committed to terriers as any of the old timers, they may be rare but they are out there

i`ll leave it at that  on this thread maybe another sunny day on another thread 👍,, 

• Like 2

He was probably the first posh person that I met. Used to love his announcements at shows "Jeck Russell dogs ring one, Laykie bitches ring two", just sounded so different. I say posh (and I am sure others here will know far better than me) but believe he was born into a mining family and funded his own education to eventually become a barrister. Some achievement for a lad from a pit village, particularly back then. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1