Hedgehog numbers

Just happened to come upon this lad today. Been ages since I've seen one. Out in the middle of the day, beside a busy road. 

Myself and the daughter picked him up and brought him far side of the road, where there's an overgrown garden, and left it off there.

20210623_151438.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Think there are plenty about but people tend not to notice, my house was on one of the busiest roads in the country, none of my neighbor,s ever saw them or new of there existence yet a bowl of dog food would get upto 6 a night in my back garden, misses has just started doing some volunteering in the local hedgehog sanctuary we’re we are now seems plenty here as well ?

B2BB42C5-A0C5-4317-8BC7-F4863B1810DA.jpeg

• Like 6

I have one little one come under the ferret hutch every night even in the winter. One one in the winter was tiny never thought he would make it through but he did and he's there early about 5pm to beat all the others. Two there last night side by side to a vid but no still. I have holes cut at the Botton of my fence and gate I do encourage them with a bowl of ferret food. Had five in the garden in one night before now been coming for years.

P1220226.JPG.7adf347c4ecfed1758097c652835c8de.JPG

P1220227.JPG.1df4fd45b619a7194cf57188b38d28fc.JPG

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 11