What’s people’s preferred cross for a rabbit dog!

On 23/06/2021 at 18:09, Councilestatekid said:

My 3/4 grey 1/8 beardie 1/8th border was a smashing rabbit dog fastest dog ive ever owned took alot of hares to and the occasional fox but wouldn't have cut it doing heavy amounts of fox.but would work during day with the ferrets then go lampin and probley lamp 5 nights a week in season sometimes  more so if I was to get another rabbit dog wouldn't look much further than that solid dog never laid up speed stamia brains easy to train but I am biased to my collie crosses 

Have u got any collie xs now and are they Hancock stuff ? I’ve got a 3/4 grey 1/8 beardie 1/8 boarder from Hancock and can’t fault him up to now 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? I know you are not too keen on the Blue Merles,..so I always fetch one along, just to annoy ya? The wee bitch that you might have seen run, one or two shushis, would be Angel.. I remember,

just for lamping I'd go for a pure whippet, for daytime bushing/ferreting i'd add a bit of beddy/grey but keep it 3/4 sighthound.  Beddy/whippet X grey, 23 inches, basically a bred down grew with

Would have to agree with you TOMO?  Facts are, IF...you can get a fast type to slow down, use his head, instead of his muscles, then the quarry is half way into the bag. You have proved it yourse

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Have u got any collie xs now and are they Hancock stuff ? I’ve got a 3/4 grey 1/8 beardie 1/8 boarder from Hancock and can’t fault him up to now 

Any pics of him hear good things about beardie and border in the make up 

1 hour ago, LamperNM said:

Any pics of him hear good things about beardie and border in the make 

Yes he was a hancock he was blue merle and can't remember if he was out of luke or John dog to a greyhound bitch called copper he was a great dog to be fair.ive had a few from hancock and always done the job the best fox dog ive ever seen was a 5/8 3/8 out of Enoch it took everything in good numbers. Where had a mate who had a 1/4 border 3/4 greyhound and he said worst dog he's ever had needed a bit of lead behind the ear i took it on he was right no intrest in rabbits or hares but had a total hatred of fox he had his first 13months for me by accident really then never looked back as I didnt do the numbers of fox some did I gifted him to a friend who just did fox and he did good numbers he said best dog he ever had so just goes to show someone's crap is someone's best dog. As for photos I prob will have some kicking about somewhere if I get a chance ill have a look.and havnt had a dog on now for about 7 years or so 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LamperNM said:

be looking for something this sort of stamp to go over a bitch of mine in a couple of seasons 

Well he’s only done one season but will be asking a lot more of him this year so if he turns out something worth breeding off u can use him with pleasure mate ?

• Like 1