What’s people’s preferred cross for a rabbit dog!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? I know you are not too keen on the Blue Merles,..so I always fetch one along, just to annoy ya? The wee bitch that you might have seen run, one or two shushis, would be Angel.. I remember,

just for lamping I'd go for a pure whippet, for daytime bushing/ferreting i'd add a bit of beddy/grey but keep it 3/4 sighthound.  Beddy/whippet X grey, 23 inches, basically a bred down grew with

Would have to agree with you TOMO?  Facts are, IF...you can get a fast type to slow down, use his head, instead of his muscles, then the quarry is half way into the bag. You have proved it yourse

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Back some years now lol only thing they drained the Batteries they were.a sealed unit 

They were simply a giant bulb and were hell on the drain on older motorbike batteries BUT they couldn't be beaten back in the 'golden age' of lamping ?

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

They were simply a giant bulb and were hell on the drain on older motorbike batteries BUT they couldn't be beaten back in the 'golden age' of lamping ?

That's right that's what I ment when I said sealed unit u couldn't replace the bulb u had to replace the whole unit. Remember u hadn't a coat or jeans left fcking battery Acid leaking all the time lol them was the days ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

That's right that's what I ment when I said sealed unit u couldn't replace the bulb u had to replace the whole unit. Remember u hadn't a coat or jeans left fcking battery Acid leaking all the time lol them was the days ?

Lol

Cheers, D.

IMG_20160417_121147.jpg

IMG_20160417_121058.jpg

IMG_20160417_121043.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Personally,...?...

I would use (and have used) any type of canine, that can get me a result...?

Obviously,...some varieties are better adapted to do the job than others..?

This could be a really interesting and informative thread,.so lets hear everyone's opinions?

scan0020.jpg

How was that one bred Phil ?

7 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

You could replace the bulbs but they were a fortune,you had the blue eye and black eye bulbs,I’m sure a bulb cost me £23 which wasn’t cheap in them days and was made by Phillips 

• Like 1

Collie whippet grey and bull whippet grey there just in shot (3/8 bull 3/8 grey 2/8 whippet). Both decent dogs the bull cross a steadier type, both great noses but the collie cross would range further and at higher pace. 

C1144576-F379-481A-A5F2-D2C1887AE9DA.jpeg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dytkos said:

Lol

Cheers, D.

IMG_20160417_121147.jpg

IMG_20160417_121058.jpg

IMG_20160417_121043.jpg

8 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

We call them good old days ? but battery acid faffing nightmare ,amount of times I fell over as a kid karrying the battery for me uncul and he'd say its OK boy its in a box ? some box a plastic tub ? 

• Like 1