What’s people’s preferred cross for a rabbit dog!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? I know you are not too keen on the Blue Merles,..so I always fetch one along, just to annoy ya? The wee bitch that you might have seen run, one or two shushis, would be Angel.. I remember,

just for lamping I'd go for a pure whippet, for daytime bushing/ferreting i'd add a bit of beddy/grey but keep it 3/4 sighthound.  Beddy/whippet X grey, 23 inches, basically a bred down grew with

Would have to agree with you TOMO?  Facts are, IF...you can get a fast type to slow down, use his head, instead of his muscles, then the quarry is half way into the bag. You have proved it yourse

Posted Images

Just now, Ferretman65 said:

Do u mean Jack Russell mate 

Yea only because I had one and when it came to day time and ferreting he would have trounced any lurcher lol. Once he hit a line it was pretty much game over if i did my bit. But yes I know this thread is about lurchers lol

• Like 2
3 hours ago, LamperNM said:

Rabbit dog!!

For me this little dog at the front has to be one of the best rabbit dogs I’ve seen work.. not my dog but had pleasure of working him.. he was a deerhound/greyhound x collie/greyhound 24inches tall he had that do or die attitude about him still amazes me how he caught on the places and land he did not just rabbits either a real dog worth shouting about 

205D4818-7DD1-4002-89E7-C683DE169ECB.jpeg

• Like 7

If we are talking lamping rabbit dog, then in my opinion almost all average sized lurchers, given the optimum opportunity will make sound rabbit dogs.

The best i've seen were not of a certain type or cross but were schooled and out enough to take it to another level.

2 minutes ago, LamperNM said:

For me this little dog at the front has to be one of the best rabbit dogs I’ve seen work.. not my dog but had pleasure of working him.. he was a deerhound/greyhound x collie/greyhound 24inches tall he had that do or die attitude about him still amazes me how he caught on the places and land he did not just rabbits either a real dog worth shouting about 

Fair dinkum mate 

34 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Incoming 

Prepare 2 do battle wi hordes o crack crazed whippet enthusiast's 

?? nothing against them just wouldn’t own one here I took one on a night out it was the first dog back in the car until we finished didn’t have the go in her the weather well and truely finished her off!! 

5 minutes ago, LamperNM said:

Love the do or die attiude in a dog 

7 minutes ago, LamperNM said:

?? nothing against them just wouldn’t own one here I took one on a night out it was the first dog back in the car until we finished didn’t have the go in her the weather well and truely finished her off!! 

Bet I'd of beat it back 2 the car