Most rabbits killed with one lurcher on nights lamping now let's be truthful lads about this one

1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

Had a little whippet 17 inches at the shoulder which killed 13 adult rabbits daytime in about an hour. Does that count??  She killed a few young uns too but I'm  not counting those. To be fair it was on heather which  favoured the dog, but it was a great hours sport.

That's called a good Dog mate ? well Done ? 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Taken a lot of rabbits over the last 60 years with various working dogs,....but, under the spotlight,..I would think that 78 with my Sadie , back in the 1980's would be the most that I've grassed in

try again.. 63 taken the night before ....took this pic before we set off ferreting

It's not allways about numbers. Not to long ago, I was lucky enough to be invited to the Cairngorms for a weekend, by Northernlite and Taysider. We had a fantastic time, but one naysayer moc

Posted Images

had a few good bags with the ferrets as well over the years.....had 85 one day just bolting to the dogs..me and vin ...i had bonnie i went one side of the field he went the other side....i got 40 with bonnie no nets just bolting....vin got 45 with dorris and molly.. no nets

another time phill lloyd came up we had 90 odd bolting to the dogs...again i had bonnie phil had angel i believe ..vin had his two..

another day me vin and trigger ...trigger used nets...but me and vin bolted to the dog got 98 i think...trigger had his ten year old nephew with him on his first big day ferreting....what a great day for the young fella to witness.. 

then a week after this we got 101...or 102 i forget ....me vin and trigger same M.O as week before...

i got 67 ferreting on my own one day ...using nets...mainly stop nets...although vin and the keeper came over on the last warren to help...i think vin had 24 as well that day just bolting to his dogs on the other side of the field...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

had a few good bags with the ferrets as well over the years.....had 85 one day just bolting to the dogs..me and vin ...i had bonnie i went one side of the field he went the other side....i got 40 with bonnie no nets just bolting....vin got 45 with dorris and molly.. no nets

another time phill lloyd came up we had 90 odd bolting to the dogs...again i had bonnie phil had angel i believe ..vin had his two..

another day me vin and trigger ...trigger used nets...but me and vin bolted to the dog got 98 i think...trigger had his ten year old nephew with him on his first big day ferreting....what a great day for the young fella to witness.. 

then a week after this we got 101...or 102 i forget ....me vin and trigger same M.O as week before...

i got 67 ferreting on my own one day ...using nets...mainly stop nets...although vin and the keeper came over on the last warren to help...i think vin had 24 as well that day just bolting to his dogs on the other side of the field...

Tomo that's some going mate well Dun is there still that numbers about over there Ps I think the lad vin is in phils last book if iam right 

• Like 1

Best night was 136,2 bull  bitches  and 11 m old beddy whippet pup...first 2 days ferretting 380 odd...weeks total was just shy of 1100 rabbits between 2 groups of 3..7 yrs back up in the Highlands... myself and a member off here are booked to stay at the same place next season,looking forward to it,still got numbers for the keepers, hopefully they let me back on...it's no fun gutting 100 plus rabbits at every bury??

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Ferretman65 said:

Tomo that's some going mate well Dun is there still that numbers about over there Ps I think the lad vin is in phils last book if iam right 

yes mate hes phils book...

1 hour ago, Ferretman65 said:

none of it is that long ago.....however the numbers are shrinking even up in some of those good spots we do...

i honestly dont think we could do a hundred in one day on any of our spots any more ....

20 minutes ago, TOMO said:

none of it is that long ago.....however the numbers are shrinking even up in some of those good spots we do...

i honestly dont think we could do a hundred in one day on any of our spots any more ....

Try harder then ? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Best night was 136,2 bull  bitches  and 11 m old beddy whippet pup...first 2 days ferretting 380 odd...weeks total was just shy of 1100 rabbits between 2 groups of 3..7 yrs back up in the Highlands... myself and a member off here are booked to stay at the same place next season,looking forward to it,still got numbers for the keepers, hopefully they let me back on...it's no fun gutting 100 plus rabbits at every bury??

best night 136............you can't beat a beddywhippet ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, TOMO said:

thats right mate...was on a Scottish island.....jim did a ton there ...as did d lloyd ..... 

do you remember that time ? I’ve done 100, well I’ve done 101 nah nah nah nah. 

Was good sport on there and dog lads were welcome. Shame a couple of dog lads who went up (and were on here) couldn’t help but be w bit light fingered and stole off the locals. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Was good sport on there and dog lads were welcome. Shame a couple of dog lads who went up (and were on here) couldn’t help but be w bit light fingered and stole off the locals. 

i didnt know that mate....real shame that

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

easy peasy those dales rabbits .......

who were the thieves ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What island?