Most rabbits killed with one lurcher on nights lamping now let's be truthful lads about this one

10 hours ago, levigsp said:

Over the course of a month that same or similar scene was photographed with similar numbers of rabbit and various other bits of game with that lad and various mates in the picture, some of them from Cumbria other Lincolnshire. In one of the photos there is a heap of dead foxes to the right and behind the old landi bone shaker.

I never heard how he got on with his half-bred, but that minshaw bred dog was one of the best game produces I've seen, a testament to breed and conditioning.

The minshaw dog was a direct son of Vicks blue and the black dog in the pic was my mates lamping partners dog and was a minshaw cross collie greyhound, both dogs put some gear away in there time. He did well with the half bred , for a solid built dog I was surprised by how fast it was and I seen it run on a few things, i have quite a few old pics. But my mate is a private fella so best left in my albums. 

Edited by Leo Sayer
  • Like 2

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Taken a lot of rabbits over the last 60 years with various working dogs,....but, under the spotlight,..I would think that 78 with my Sadie , back in the 1980's would be the most that I've grassed in

try again.. 63 taken the night before ....took this pic before we set off ferreting

It's not allways about numbers. Not to long ago, I was lucky enough to be invited to the Cairngorms for a weekend, by Northernlite and Taysider. We had a fantastic time, but one naysayer moc

Posted Images

4 hours ago, D Lloyd said:

Age is jest a number any one that can still have fun in the hills or on a good black windy night at 60/70 good on you I hope I will still be at it then can't see it lieing in bed with ice pack on my back lol. My dad die a year ago this month always fit and active only 74 and my mam died 4 days after him age 71 good hard working people.so make the most of your time lads and lasses young or old you never now what's round the corner.

RIP mam and dad XX

Yeah my dads in his mid seventies now he,d still be out now if he wasnt for his knees but hopefully they've helped him abit with them and all goes well I can start getting him out again we used to do abit of rough shooting and pigeoning shooting together but unfortunately my perm was swallowed up by hs2 so I've got to try and source some more land for us to have a shot on he used to like a lamp but again he said I'm bot quick enough if we get the on top ?I said dad I dont run you know that. I just lay low creep a while  and when the punks pass I smile 

• Like 3

I gave up the Lurcher game in the nineties for a couple of reasons.

Since then i have been lucky that through circumstances and contacts i have had invites for various other things both here and abroad.

I got the big game hunting bug for a while and amassed a collection of taxidermy in the process.                                                                                                                                         I have had brilliant Salmon fishing, I have the right to a 3 mile stretch of river. I got the carp bug again for a while and had some great captures . I also had some fantastic salt water fly fishing in hot climes. I have enjoyed it all and I still take the occasional person out Stalking, I run a few trips for geese and driven wild boar in Poland/east Europe.  At the end of the day. if I never hunted again it would not matter as I have hunted and fished enough, but I will keep going until they nail the lid down. 

• Like 7

I've been lucky enough to have been invited to do all sorts of hunting and fishing all around the world, but one invite stands out, and it was just a couple of hundred miles down the road.

A pal invited me to have a go at goose shooting one September first.

Four shots and a greylag, a Canada and a brace of mallard in the bag !

IMG_0115.PNG.d55867d7617b63ac17465eb8b714bb9c.PNG

IMG_0117.JPG.3ca4aa7e69627a3d19724499df7f59ab.JPG

Please forgive the fuzzy pics, it was pre-digital cameras ! 

My pal was amazed, he reckoned people pay hundreds of pounds for goose shooting and don't manage a bag like that all season, never mind in one morning!

Right place, right time and a bit of luck, I reckon ! ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 7
17 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've been lucky enough to have been invited to do all sorts of hunting and fishing all around the world, but one invite stands out, and it was just a couple of hundred miles down the road.

My pal was amazed, he reckoned people pay hundreds of pounds for goose shooting and don't manage a bag like that all season, never mind in one morning!

Cheers.

Ran out of likes, top draw charts 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Could do with you in some of my guest teams, wild iclandic geese, average per 50 shots is 10 birds.

1 hour ago, levigsp said:

I gave up the Lurcher game in the nineties for a couple of reasons.

Since then i have been lucky that through circumstances and contacts i have had invites for various other things both here and abroad.

I got the big game hunting bug for a while and amassed a collection of taxidermy in the process.                                                                                                                                         I have had brilliant Salmon fishing, I have the right to a 3 mile stretch of river. I got the carp bug again for a while and had some great captures . I also had some fantastic salt water fly fishing in hot climes. I have enjoyed it all and I still take the occasional person out Stalking, I run a few trips for geese and driven wild boar in Poland/east Europe.  At the end of the day. if I never hunted again it would not matter as I have hunted and fished enough, but I will keep going until they nail the lid down. 

You have lived the life mate hopefully there's many years left ? ? 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Its my mates its automatic says its heavy on fuel 

Got a manual few yrs older,been faultless tbf.,found it cheap to run,insure..put a new clutch,discs,pads 2 yrs back and only done 160 miles,parked up because I got a company truck now.few folks have knocked the door wanting to buy it,I can't bring myself to let it go,been a decent little in motor for what they are ?DSC_0280.JPG.990fc376296e53b9279af263e4658ab2.JPG

38 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

You have lived the life mate hopefully there's many years left ? ? 

Thank you, its been something else but at a cost to normal life. Fieldsports have been my be all, like a disease.

Edited by levigsp
  • Like 1