Mask wearing ???

I hate wearing masks - it's not natural.  I do keep one in my pocket so that I can put the old biddys in the shops at ease if need be.

The whole thing is bollocks anyway - I've made it to 42yrs without dropping dead from other people's germs.

• Like 2

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a lot of it is a massive farce but as a 36 year old bloke, I’m not standing in a que next to an old woman who’s all masked up etc, whilst I’ve got no mask on and it is probably making her feel

i recon him repeatedly getting knocked out .....probably put paid to that...lol 

only when i go in a shop

Posted Images

There’s plenty of sentiments written here that reflect what I have read about and seen more widely on U.K. news.

Of course everyone is entitled to those sentiments but it has made me think how much we must have changed over 70 years as a nation.

My mum is 89, she has had to have ration cards, gas mask, black out, curfew, he dad away on oil tankers ready to be burnt to a crisp with the next U Boat attack, he brothers all away at war never hearing from them from one One month to the next.

She has to take her little brother to school as german bombers followed the Thames down to London and attacked the oil refinery in the village where she lived.

Her uncle burnt to death in the water in an attack on a tanker.

My old man was 20 when he went over to France with the BEF, just some kid out of south London with a load of other kids who probably wondered what it was all about and why.

But what their generation had was a sense of comradeship and duty, you didn’t ask why, at 19 or 20, you were getting asked to run into a hail of machine gun bullets on some beach of a country that’s not your own.....you did it for the greater good, you did your duty to the people who you had kinship with.

You didn’t complain that you had 3 ounces of margarine and 2 powdered eggs in the cupboard for a week because you knew you were part of a bigger collective effort.

We were a nation then.

Now, what are we?.........nothing

And we wonder why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stopped wearing one at work a wile back got one of those snood neckerchief things to wear if i go in shops. Shits hit the fan at work as two have tested positive but they have not implemented that we wear masks but have been told to do a self test every day i think they are panicking they get a visit from H&S .

I like to read conversations like this purely out of interest as it sort of backs up a realisation I have come to over many years.

Let me start by saying that imho most people ain’t bad people people, they are good people, decent and mostly well meaning.

However, we live in a generation that has been indoctrinated that having value in your own and the soil beneath your feet is a silly, sinister almost, outdated concept.

We have been taught to put your boot on the next blokes neck as long as the 50 sq yd’s you inhabit is ok.

When I used to live amongst it you dont notice so much because it’s your day to day existence but step outside and take a keen interest from afar and it’s shocking in its shear 3rd world type depravity.

I knew it felt wrong but I didn’t fully realise how wrong it all was until I viewed it from outside.

We always have the “immigrants taking over the place” conversation on here but it really is understandable how easy it is for them.

Just on this little tiny subject we are talking about taking 30 seconds to put a bit of cloth over your gob and even that is considered too much......and that attitude translates, it translates to things you don’t think is a “load of old bollocks” or “stupid” or “ineffective”

It translates to a generalised attitude amongst the population.

You cant climb mountains if you can’t even be arsed to walk to the end of the garden path.

I personally find the whole spectacle heartbreaking.

left it on page two yesterday....page 8 now so i might of missed a fair bit....

but i thought i would relate this short tale...

some of you know i still work the doors a bit....the thing we now do is tell everybody to wear a mask inside the building unless they are exempt....

so the other day i heard one of the best excuse's not to wear one...lol

so this chap walks past me going inside....."put your mask on inside fella"....eeerrr im exempt....ok says i ....i didnt ask for proof ....was just letting him inside on his word.....but before he moves off...he rolls his sleeve up...shows me a tattoo ...what you showing me your arm for i ask ....look royal marine tat ...great fair play to you but i dont care and you can go in anyway ...off you trot...."but you dont understand"...im exempt because i got ptsd from wearing one of them gas mask things.....obviously he called it the proper name...i just cant remember...

at this point im thinking what a f***ing tit....ok he may have had what he said.....but he did everything just to let me know he was a royal marine commando......funny thing is the other lads on that door with me....one is ex marine the other is ex para..

15 minutes ago, TOMO said:

left it on page two yesterday....page 8 now so i might of missed a fair bit....

but i thought i would relate this short tale...

some of you know i still work the doors a bit....the thing we now do is tell everybody to wear a mask inside the building unless they are exempt....

so the other day i heard one of the best excuse's not to wear one...lol

so this chap walks past me going inside....."put your mask on inside fella"....eeerrr im exempt....ok says i ....i didnt ask for proof ....was just letting him inside on his word.....but before he moves off...he rolls his sleeve up...shows me a tattoo ...what you showing me your arm for i ask ....look royal marine tat ...great fair play to you but i dont care and you can go in anyway ...off you trot...."but you dont understand"...im exempt because i got ptsd from wearing one of them gas mask things.....obviously he called it the proper name...i just cant remember...

at this point im thinking what a f***ing tit....ok he may have had what he said.....but he did everything just to let me know he was a royal marine commando......funny thing is the other lads on that door with me....one is ex marine the other is ex para..

You should have aimed him out there and then because you knew you had a total tit on your hands ! Lol ? 

The bottom line is very simple and has nothing to do with looking after others and looking after your country and everything to do with common sense and fair play. Everybody is wearing a mask and social distancing on the orders of the worlds leaders BUT the worlds leaders are not wearing masks are not social distancing are flying in and out of countries without quarantining. SO WHY DOES THE MAN ON THE STREET HAVE TO DO IT ………

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, socks said:

The bottom line is very simple and has nothing to do with looking after others and looking after your country and everything to do with common sense and fair play. Everybody is wearing a mask and social distancing on the orders of the worlds leaders BUT the worlds leaders are not wearing masks are not social distancing are flying in and out of countries without quarantining. SO WHY DOES THE MAN ON THE STREET HAVE TO DO IT ………

I disagree with you mate, I think it has everything to do with it.

Never again will we be the nation of the Jarrow march or the pals brigades, we are all individuals now and f**k the next bloke.

I don’t sit next to the worlds leaders on the bus, I sit next to the brothers, fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, sisters and grandparents of my community......we all do. 

Your not getting what I’m saying mate. If the people who have the ears of the worlds best scientists and doctors know they dont need to wear a mask or social distance then why are we doing it. Or does the virus know the difference between the so called elite and the rest of us. The queen is worlds most famous woman and is in her 90’s. There is no way on gods earth she would be mingling with dozens and dozens of foreigners at the G7 without a mask if there was any risk to her health. 

47 minutes ago, WILF said:

I like to read conversations like this purely out of interest as it sort of backs up a realisation I have come to over many years.

Let me start by saying that imho most people ain’t bad people people, they are good people, decent and mostly well meaning.

However, we live in a generation that has been indoctrinated that having value in your own and the soil beneath your feet is a silly, sinister almost, outdated concept.

We have been taught to put your boot on the next blokes neck as long as the 50 sq yd’s you inhabit is ok.

When I used to live amongst it you dont notice so much because it’s your day to day existence but step outside and take a keen interest from afar and it’s shocking in its shear 3rd world type depravity.

I knew it felt wrong but I didn’t fully realise how wrong it all was until I viewed it from outside.

We always have the “immigrants taking over the place” conversation on here but it really is understandable how easy it is for them.

Just on this little tiny subject we are talking about taking 30 seconds to put a bit of cloth over your gob and even that is considered too much......and that attitude translates, it translates to things you don’t think is a “load of old bollocks” or “stupid” or “ineffective”

It translates to a generalised attitude amongst the population.

You cant climb mountains if you can’t even be arsed to walk to the end of the garden path.

I personally find the whole spectacle heartbreaking.

Can't argue with that :thumbs:

Perhaps everyone has just been screwed, passed over, marginalised and ridiculed for so long that they've just said 'f**k it'

.......... you keep paying your taxes and keep getting less and less in return.

We (me, the missus and our daughter) take care of our own affairs. We help friends, family and those around us but, that's it.

.......... we don't do any national charities, only the local ones. We help the local school. We check in on senile doris down the road.

........... we have an effect where we can.

There's no point trying to do much more nowadays because there's always someone or some company looking to take and turn a profit from you.

Like Socks said - we see government ministers mixing at the G7, acting like nothings going on yet, old Boris screwed everyone's Christmas plans on the 23rd December for something that has a better than 99% survival rate.

Well sod that - I'll just crack on as I am. Keep working hard while I'm able, to make sure that me and mine are ok.

Just to add - this isn't a 'f**k you' to anyone, I just don't see what else you can do.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, socks said:

Your not getting what I’m saying mate. If the people who have the ears of the worlds best scientists and doctors know they dont need to wear a mask or social distance then why are we doing it. Or does the virus know the difference between the so called elite and the rest of us. The queen is worlds most famous woman and is in her 90’s. There is no way on gods earth she would be mingling with dozens and dozens of foreigners at the G7 without a mask if there was any risk to her health. 

I get it mate but personally, I’m not privy to what the worlds greatest minds and global elites are saying.

To a simple Herbert like me, throwing a bit of a cover over my trap on the off chance it may benefit my wider world costs me absolutely f**k all in time or trouble and if it gives one bit of comfort to someone in my community that I will never, ever know about then it was worth it.

Zero cost to me but seen to be doing my bit for those around me.

Team ethic pal 

I know and I get it but why. If you were working 35 degree temperatures and your boss told  you to wear a donkey  jacket mole skin trousers wellies and a Wolley hat and he was stood next to you doing the same job in a pair of shorts and flip flops how long would you stay dressed. 

• Like 5