Mask wearing ???

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a lot of it is a massive farce but as a 36 year old bloke, I’m not standing in a que next to an old woman who’s all masked up etc, whilst I’ve got no mask on and it is probably making her feel

i recon him repeatedly getting knocked out .....probably put paid to that...lol 

only when i go in a shop

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, socks said:

So all you guys wearing a mask because you can’t be arsed with arguing with anyone. Don’t you think you are keeping this going and the sooner you stop the quicker this will all be over. The heads of the most powerful nations on earth and the queen at the G7 didnt wear masks. It emerged today from a whistle blower that masks are not worn in Downing Street. Don’t you think the people who have the ears of the worlds best medical experts would be wearing masks if they were that effective. Clearly they are not needed so for fukc sake take them off and live a normal life. 

I’d happily argue with absolutely anyone in this world if I thought they were being a prick.

To me wearing a mask is like wearing shin pads, i probably won’t get a broken leg but they are available just in case.

No biggie, if folks choose not to use one it’s down to them, won’t matter to me because I will have mine on.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, tomburras said:

I started with covid symptoms this morning and have a positive test. I pretty much keep myself to myself and wear a mask and I still somehow got it. It feels like iv been hit by a bus I can hardly move and ache so bad everywhere even moving my eyes is agony and iv never felt so cold in my life. 

I'd keep wearing a mask for the time been I wouldn't wish this feeling on anyone. 

Keep well , I hope it passes quickly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, tomburras said:

I started with covid symptoms this morning and have a positive test. I pretty much keep myself to myself and wear a mask and I still somehow got it. It feels like iv been hit by a bus I can hardly move and ache so bad everywhere even moving my eyes is agony and iv never felt so cold in my life. 

I'd keep wearing a mask for the time been I wouldn't wish this feeling on anyone. 

Hope you feel better soon mate

11 minutes ago, tomburras said:

That’s shit mate....smoked eel is what you need to get you up and about again !

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You would imagine Johnson and his cronies are tested on a regular basis, why would they need to wear a mask if they and those around them are negative. 

When I was o the mass testing,I couldn’t leave my room every third day until I was clear on an lft test

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I think a lot of it is a massive farce but as a 36 year old bloke, I’m not standing in a que next to an old woman who’s all masked up etc, whilst I’ve got no mask on and it is probably making her feel nervous and worried...... just because “I don’t give a f*ck and no one can tell me what to do”. Grow the f*ck up. And that’s not aimed at socks but anyone. Like I said I think it’s a massive farce, but I have a little bit of respect for the elderly, those flat out working in the nhs, and other folk who have been suffering through a lot of this. How hard is it to stick a mask on for the time you’re in a shop? Those who don’t, mostly it seems to me, are bell ends and ratty teens who don’t give two sh*ts about anyone but themselves. 

In a nutshell ? good post mate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

A went to play poker last saturday was the only person there hadnt had their vaccine yet by Monday started with a cough. Was f****d by the Thursday and spent a few days on the couch dozing in and out of sleep. Never bothered with a test so dont know if it was covid but felt f****d. 

As others have said i dont wear a mask cos I'm worried but I see grandparents in nursery queue with their masks on and if their are doing that they are obviously worried. For me to stick a mask on in queue behind them makes them feel safer then I will. Same with folk onwork with a few of them are quite scared still so will wear one if I'm moving about close to them. 

Sounds like you had it, I'm shocked how easy it is to catch. I'm 36 and in good health so hopefully it will pass soon. I had my vaccine booked and now cancled it. You can a pack of 7 rapid flow tests on gov website free and they come fast. 

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

I have a mask hung over the truck gear stick, I get out to go in a shop or similar, I put it on. I come out I take it off. I don’t see the real hardship in it ? 

It’s not so much of it being a hardship but it is perpetuating this never ending lockdown. If as a population we said enough is enough and we are going to behave just like you elite this would all be over. 

33 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Why haven’t you worn a mask out of interest? I’m not a big fan of it, but feel it’s the respectful thing to do when in public around others who may feel it’s important / people trying to operate a business. 

I’m not about doing things that make complete strangers feel safe or because they think it’s important. There are literary dozens of reports out there including from the who that say that masks have no effect in this virus. 

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

I have a mask hung over the truck gear stick, I get out to go in a shop or similar, I put it on. I come out I take it off. I don’t see the real hardship in it ? 

I have thought all along that there are things going on around us that we should be making a song and dance about all the time.......using a mask to show a bit of social solidarity isn’t one of them.

I have to say, where I live everyone has got on board all the way along with this thing, be that following regulations, using masks, hand sanitiser, getting vaccinated.....it really has been a collective effort and it feels like it too.

We have all been scratching out heads at how the U.K. has cracked on from the get go of this thing.....it’s been a bit embarrassing to be honest as an Englishman.

I can’t tell you how many times lads have said to me “what the f**k are they at ?”........and I can only shake my head and say “f****d if I know” 

• Like 1