Running dogs and allergies

I’ve always loved greyhounds, whippets Salukis etc and considered getting a whippet before we settled on the Lakeland.

I would love to have one of these dogs one day but unfortunately everyone in my family other myself is allergic to dogs.

this was our main reason for the Lakeland, but unfortunately the only allergy free of this type is an Italian greyhound.

lovely dogs but useless as a running dog, does anyone else have allergies or family with allergies that knows a way round this? 

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

The right bullx will turn up one day an your sickness an kennel blindness will be cured ?

Kennel blindness id know i had dementia if I ever looked out back and one was there ?

• Haha 2

I'm allergic to dogs, have been all my life, or for as long as i can rember.

Need to wash my hands after touching any dog before i can touch my face (god help me if i rub my eyes!) Same with the underside of my bare arms touching dog fur or dog saliva, they will come up almost instantly in rashes.

I develope a semi immunity to my own dogs and can stroke and be around them with bare arms. And its got better as i've got older.

I love dogs and hunting enough not to let it change my life, rather adapt the way i handle dogs and my awareness of dogs around me.

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

Need to wash my hands after touching any dog before i can touch my face (god help me if i rub my eyes!) Same with the underside of my bare arms touching dog fur or dog saliva, they will come up almost instantly in rashes.

I develope a semi immunity to my own dogs and can stroke and be around them with bare arms. And its got better as i've got older.

I love dogs and hunting enough not to let it change my life, rather adapt the way i handle dogs and my awareness of dogs around me.

do your dogs stay indoors or out? 

2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

If you roll around clemmo in stinging nettles, dirty Sanchez styleeeeeeee before seeing your dogs, it'll take your mind off any allergy symptoms 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Half & half... Just in the kennels at night and if we are at work. As i post this they are at my feet.

That’s good to know, my mum for example is okay as long as she doesn’t touch the dog but I know some people can be bad just from them in the air 

14 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

I'm the same I turn into a myxi rabbit lol fexofenadine from docs are bang on 180mg one tablet does 2-3 days and knocks the fcuck out of hay fever 

• Like 1