Would you try again?

I'd separated my Jill about two weeks before she was due to give birth, but she hated it on her own, was proper stressed about it, just paced up and down. She had her kits on her due day the Monday, left her to it didn't look at them, could just hear them but Wedsnesday came and I couldn't hear a thing, so checked and three were dead and one barely alive, turns out my Jill had no milk to feed them, proper gutted about it, she's such a fantastic ferret, never bit me from being a kit, fantastic little worker, really small, often rabbits bolt with her attached to them.

That was her first litter and she's three now.

Do you think that might happen again, if I tried again next year? 

Edited by janine

5 hours ago, wildman said:

Jill ferrets like to raise their litters  together  , daughters  and sister's  often  help the mother with the job ,

Found that out last yr when I lined my best Jill and her daughter...they split the work between them?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, wildman said:

Jill ferrets like to raise their litters  together  , daughters  and sister's  often  help the mother with the job ,

Would you take the hobs out then and just leave the Jill's together,  does it matter that only the one Jill would be having the kits? Have the Jill jab for the rest and also my hob is castrated?