OK guys, time for "SCOPE DOPE FOR DUMMIES 101"

I went from open sight to scope!
So I figure out the basics and nail a 500 yard target BY AIMING ABOUT 65 INCHES ABOVE THE DAMN THING. AFTER I SAID f**k IT WITH READING UP ON EVERYBODY'S LONG WINDED CONFUSING INSTRUCTIONS ON LONG RANGE INCREMENTAL DOPING.
so:
- 1 milradian = .0573 degree
- 1 mil @ 100 yards = 3.6 inches = 36 inches @ 1000 yards
- 1 click = 1/4 inch @ 100 yards = between 14 and 15 clicks @ 100 yards to equal 1 mil

seems all simple right!
well all these wankers have to write long winded explainations of this but never say any more about maybe 300, 600, or whatever hundred or thousand.
Its all at 100.
I know you have to know the ballistics of your round to then figure it out on that invisible parabola in your head, or that great little thing someone kindly gave me called a mildot master. and you have to take atmospheric and altitude conditions into consideration as well.

But everything begins at sea level @ 59 degrees F and from my open sight training 25 years ago with the .308, that shit worked if you knew where to go from there. Holsworthy Range (Australia) in 1988 were the best ever shots I made!
So if my math is ok, and I get to working it out that 1 mil at 1000 is 36 inches, then I'd run out of ckicks on the scope and would be shooting about 2 feet low to hit at 100 if i put on a 20moa bridge.

Someone simplify the differential equasion, or whatever factor it takes to get "doped" outside of 100 yards for me please.

Oh, and lets not be bragging about what scope we use because it could be your dick with a magnifying glass on the end for all I care. I just want someone who aint a big technical talk pull their chain good old boy, or woman, who knows and don't mind sharing knowledge to help me out.

• Confused 2

Aye another American cool beans. Sorry but my ADHD is kinda acting up and confusing me, so are you basically just asking what you need to zero in at at a short distance to allow you to hit at a longer distance with the same short distance zero ? If so your talking about a point blank zero as some call it and it's only really good out to 300yd with most calibers. After that too many variables can happen and your going to want to dial on your turrets or hold over with your mil dots.

I'd recommend you get a ballist software as well. Highly recommend Strelok+  it's $9.00 and once you plug in all your info it will tell you all the info you can want in inches mils,minutes of angle ect. Seriously worth the money.

Screenshot_20210624-024358.png.9b87d2601526d710b5fc67381d73924c.pngScreenshot_20210624-024425.png.3a2b1fe7f47772b4aa2a55ee776d66ff.pngScreenshot_20210624-024955.png.6427bc00a7492fb4e9903022f42e3876.png