dog chewing pad

11 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Maybe a thorn or if kenneled have you changed what you wash it out with could be irritated by something like that? 

thanks for reply saltmoon, he not kenneled any more since he gave the mrs and kids the big brown eyes trick if you know i mean 

but yeah i reckon a thorne as well but its hard to see  as its raw from chewing, normalley he does that first aid for himself no problem.

3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Thorn or grass seed, I would get it vets a mates whippet chewed it's foot 2 the bone overnight trying to get at a seed 

yeah cheers blacky, i got him sleeping on bedroom floor at the moment proper lording it up and all?

will take him to see the money extracter mate  see what he has to say 

cheers

1 hour ago, Chaff said:

yeah cheers blacky, i got him sleeping on bedroom floor at the moment proper lording it up and all?

will take him to see the money extracter mate  see what he has to say 

cheers

Well no one likes going vets but if ye wake up.and he's ate the pad your have 2 go and cost a fortune then hope it gets sorted mate

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Chaff said:

thanks for reply saltmoon, he not kenneled any more since he gave the mrs and kids the big brown eyes trick if you know i mean 

but yeah i reckon a thorne as well but its hard to see  as its raw from chewing, normalley he does that first aid for himself no problem.

Neither of mine are kenneled both in the house and sleep on my daughters bed ? proper hunting dogs hahahahaha. 

Maybe a trip to the vet may be in order of you cant see what the problem is ??

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

You need to get a plastic cone on him ASAP and a spray of antibac on the foot then book him in at vet

yeah mate he off to vets tomorrow, he not licking and chewing seems less bothered by it but just had a lead walk and was soon treading light on it.

he be at my side all day and night so wont allow him to make it any worse.

• Like 2

If it’s a thorn or seed pal I’d use magnesium sulphate paste, it’s a drawing out ointment, only about £3 from a chemist, wrap the foot for 12 to 18 hours so the pup/dog can’t get at it and it should come good and if it is a thorn or seed you should be able to see it after the MS has done it’s job, atb

Edited by Countryman62
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Countryman62 said:

If it’s a thorn or seed pal I’d use magnesium sulphate paste, it’s a drawing out ointment, only about £3 from a chemist, wrap the foot for 12 to 18 hours so the pup can’t get at it and it should come good and if it is a thorn or seed you should be able to see it after the MS has done it’s job, atb

Definitely try it before going to vets I’d sooner pay £3 than their rip off prices 

• Like 1

well this morning unwrapped dogs foot and just looked red and swollen no sign of any thorns or seeds, so took him to vet who said he must have slipped on rough surface and scraped it and has an infection so got some antibiotics for it.

also said his pads were really dry and recommended some cream called mushers secrete something used on sled dog feet.

so he know getting a twice daily bloody pedicure ?

thanks all for the replys.