A Vanishing Ireland.

Spent a few nights in Dingle with the missus a few years back. Got ‘talking’ with an older couple at the next table to us. Chatted for about half an hour.., I didn’t understand a fcukin word they said. Lovely people in a beautiful part of the world though.

5 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Spent a few nights in Dingle with the missus a few years back. Got ‘talking’ with an older couple at the next table to us. Chatted for about half an hour.., I didn’t understand a fcukin word they said. Lovely people in a beautiful part of the world though.

spent last wkend down their with the missus,the further you go west the nicer and more remote it gets.

16 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

That’s ok, they didn’t understand a word you said either ! Lol

So far I have been asked if I’m from:

Birmingham !! 

Australia 

Eastern Europe

Lol ? 

23 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Its like listening to Father Jack 

That's how I'll feel tonight, just leaving the promised land to come visit you Marsh siders. Get kettle on we are setting off now

• Haha 1

worked  and drank with lots of the irish boys over the years, from the north and the south of ireland,still great friends with lots of them,worked hard and played hard with them on road works, scrap and tarmac game, even in the fishing industry when we used to barrell herring, but even today, sometimes i encounter lads especially from the south and i cant understand a word they speak,lots of them still use the gaelic lanuage, but saying that all the boys  ihad privilege  to rub shoulders with would have helped you out to the end of the earth , and would have given you the shirt of their backs, good hard working sound men,as they used to say when raising a glass,good luck and all the best,the craic is wonderful.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

That's how I'll feel tonight, just leaving the promised land to come visit you Marsh siders. Get kettle on we are setting off now

Marshsider born and bred me. I bet it was like rural Ireland round here when my grandma was a little girl.