Trout fishing in New Zealand

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh how I love fishing ,both fresh & salt water .

Posted Images

I don't need to go very far to fresh water fish ,since I live on a dead end road leading down to one of the best brown trout rivers in New Zealand but I also like to fish different waters so we try not to fish the same waters twice within any given season .I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see more than 4/5 other fishermen during a season but that depends on where I go however there is never a shortage of spots ,any water that has a  bridge over them ,you can find trout in them ,even after 50 years of fishing I still can find a spot I've never fished before ,that keeps it all very interesting .ATB TB.

90% of the trout I catch I release back into the water as I don't eat them & I like the idea that the fish is there for somebody else to catch and enjoy .I don't know if anyone has noticed the bed rock in the pictures ,rivers that have this also have good number of fresh water Crayfish which the trout target making their flesh bright Orange ,fine table fish .

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Some nice perch toolbox??

I've only started to target big perch over the last couple of years I have managed to catch some very nice fish .I like the look of them & the smaller ones are fine table fish . 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

So are you doing cheap knockdown prices for angling holidays?????????? Mon you ya know you want tooooooooo

We would be over run with you guys hiding over here ,not wanting to go home ,the sleep out (hut) can only sleep 2 so I couldn't stand the fighting of 5 guys over the 2 beds .?

• Haha 2