lockdown dogs

just heard on my local radio that one of the rescue centers has been swamped

by surrendered dogs. would not say how many but said have had to ask around other rescues.....

so dogs suffer again...........

Had a look on some near me. Can’t say they look ‘busier’ than normal. Not saying there isn’t an increase in rescues due to lockdown, but the impression of there being a crisis is probably good for fund raising. Thing is you look on Gumtree and the like, even adult dogs being sold for hundreds, even thousands. No end to the madness in sight yet.

• Like 4

So many litters bred and so many puppies sold since covid hit. Many going to very unsuitable homes. Of course there's going to be a huge fallout to the rescue centres this year and next, as people go back into work and can go abroard now.

It'll be a buyers market in them rescue homes and the online selling sites soon enough...

1 hour ago, sid g said:

my mates lad paid 2k for a beagle pup we`ll send the paper work to you job -----  turns out its a harrier hound ?

?? a fool and his money are easily parted.

I dont get these people who buy hound types as pets, they are great dogs but you just can't walk them like a normal dog. Let them off the lead they pick up a scent and gone. 

I learnt the hard way, bought a bloodhound she's a cracking bitch but you can't let her off in woods or fields. She will find any game in a 10 mile radius. 

Obedient bitch until she gets on a scent 

• Like 1

I'm not saying I support the prices or the situation....but....it seems everyone now has a dog, there's dogs everywhere, but the vast majority are in good homes. Most people paying big money for dogs will keep them and will look after them. As has been said a lot of shelters will try to get in the news as extra funding. Let's be honest most shelters we're an excuse for animal obsessed old biddies to hoard animals. We searched all the shelters before getting a pup and the vast majority of shelters were a pain in the arse... 

"this is tinker belle, she's looking for a forever home, can't be homed with kids, other dogs or humans. Allergic to all food except liquidised chicken. Also allergic to grass and fresh air". 

It was fckin bullshiit at most of em. You can Foster a child easier. They made it clear we weren't ideal fur baby parents when I said I was a pest controller so I wanted a terrier type that could come to work with me. 

Was the situation really any better years ago when pets shops and market stalls had boxes of puppies for a few quid. We were all nostalgic on a post on here about the animal Street markets, a lot of those puppies were bought for Christmas or because a kid was begging for 1. Let's be honest we don't see strays around the streets like we used to. I reckon I could empty a couple of shelters these days by making it easier to 'adopt' em and shooting all the shite ones. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2