Bedlington x whippet taking fox?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better dogs out there for that job beddy whippets will try some can an will succeed but it’s more of a fight it out slog than job done clean an quick no point in getting little dogs chewed up 

19tts beddy whippet 2nd cross more than capable  

And your pitting 30kg saluki hybrids against a little puney fcukin hare to plod the fcuking thing into the ground and kill it with sheer fcukin boredom. ???? Leave the foxing lurchers to those th

Posted Images

Years ago alot of these little types of dogs were kept for general pest control and putting food on the table so what ever the dog put its hand to it was always handy theres still dogs out there now of the same type doing the same job and I'm not on about the show ponies ?

• Like 1

Agree with most of what’s been said and small terrier xs bred out of the right stuff, should be capable, even if it’s a bit messy and emotional. I’ve two terriers here that are the size of hamsters ? and they will stick to a fox above ground (mainly in cover) but it’s no very pretty ? I think the problem for a lot of Beddy x whips today is the whippet is by far the harder and more ballsy dog in the breeding. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

With such a diminutive tyke , it is all down to their intent,...and to be honest, a lot of jukels frequently bite off more than they can chew..?

I've seen several dogs spit out a vulpine in double quick time, when he retaliates...

The small dogs are incredibly useful in dense bracken and rough woodland areas...

They are often able to keep in contact with the fox , especially if they bolt fast from a shallow earth.

Obviously, not the ideal dog for the job, but if that is all you have available and you are trying to clear an area of foxes, with traps , wires, etc, they do help to get on top of the situation.?

bedi.jpg

Well, like been said alot of dogs soon think twice about old Charlie, once he clamped on to there face few times, big and small, what ever the x. Don't know about beddyx whippet,  but I do know few pure  none ped racing whippets, that pile into foxes no prob, these were males down the track 22 in 33lb   very game little dogs. But as been said on here there far better type xs out there to use, maybe  say beddy x whippet x pit grey x whippet,  or a beddy 1x grey be  my choise if wanted beddy in  the mix, but a bigger dog alot better for the,  big dog like mine would finish it quick if need be,  a 16-20lb fox is nothing to a  88lb dog, but lot more to a  20-30lb dog like beddy, whippet,. ?

32 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

With such a diminutive tyke , it is all down to their intent,...and to be honest, a lot of jukels frequently bite off more than they can chew..?

I've seen several dogs spit out a vulpine in double quick time, when he retaliates...

The small dogs are incredibly useful in dense bracken and rough woodland areas...

They are often able to keep in contact with the fox , especially if they bolt fast from a shallow earth.

Obviously, not the ideal dog for the job, but if that is all you have available and you are trying to clear an area of foxes, with traps , wires, etc, they do help to get on top of the situation.?

bedi.jpg

Well, like been said alot of dogs soon think twice about old Charlie, once he clamped on to there face few times, big and small, what ever the x. Don't know about beddyx whippet,  but I do know few pure  none ped racing whippets, that pile into foxes no prob, these were males down the track 22 in 33lb   very game little dogs. But as been said on here there far better type xs out there to use, maybe  say beddy x whippet x pit grey x whippet,  or a beddy 1x grey be  my choise if wanted beddy in  the mix, but a bigger dog alot better for the,  big dog like mine would finish it quick if need be,  a 16-20lb fox is nothing to a  88lb dog, but lot more to a  20-30lb dog like beddy, whippet,. ?

Bedlington x whippet first cross not for foxes if u do get one of these we dogs having a go they get Busted up to much they just haven't got the power I have seen them over the years Definitely a good we dog in there own [BANNED TEXT] the bedlington x greyhound now different story But at the end of the day it's not the Dog in the fight ITs the fight in the Dog . 1983 we started using Wheaton x greyhound for that job it was over in no time with these type of Dogs this changed the whole foxing game for us 

• Like 1

A mate had a 3/4 bred 35 years ago that loved em. Little Blue looked like a purebred whippet but really got the bug for them foxes but he was what my mate had, the family lurcher and as we hunted more and more foxes, 'ol Blue Boy came with us and got stuck in, he and we had little choice. Fair to say he was far from ideal but he did the job.

Granted, when Blue made old bones my mate found sommat a bit bigger to handle things, which i think is only right but that little lad had some heart.

Just now, mC HULL said:

Some quality replys on here ? ? 

These fox  must be polar opposite to any I seen ? 

salukis x kid on they dont see em mc thats the bother ...your dogs just kidding you on...feck at they sayin thats not aul puss

• Haha 1
Just now, jackthelad said:

salukis x kid on they dont see em mc thats the bother ...your dogs just kidding you on...feck at they sayin thats not aul puss

Mate I've had skinny little bitches 18kg kill dog foxes in seconds mate ? after all even a skinny 18kg dog out weighs a big dog fox ?

Listening to lads you'd think they killing wolf ? 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Mate I've had skinny little bitches 18kg kill dog foxes in seconds mate ? after all even a skinny 18kg dog out weighs a big dog fox ?

Listening to lads you'd think they killing wolf ? 

Let’s face it the foxes heart will be gone by the time your super plodders get a mouth full ?