Bedlington x whippet taking fox?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better dogs out there for that job beddy whippets will try some can an will succeed but it’s more of a fight it out slog than job done clean an quick no point in getting little dogs chewed up 

19tts beddy whippet 2nd cross more than capable  

And your pitting 30kg saluki hybrids against a little puney fcukin hare to plod the fcuking thing into the ground and kill it with sheer fcukin boredom. ???? Leave the foxing lurchers to those th

Posted Images

My son had one it’s in that pic I put up on the tumbler lurcher thread,he was a little cnut for them and keen to run roe with the big dogs.He was a firery fecking even in the kennel once he was settled.I’ve seen him nail a 29inch deerhound greyhound just for rolling over onto him in the kennel and the dog couldn’t get out the way quick enough ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Better dogs out there for that job beddy whippets will try some can an will succeed but it’s more of a fight it out slog than job done clean an quick no point in getting little dogs chewed up 

• Like 11

I knew of a few my mate had a beddy whippet saluki whippet she was a fair little foxing bitch there was a well known dog by me that was half whippet beddy she punch above her weight regular I had a dog couple of years back that would have a knock time to time but like has been said there not really dogs for jobs beddy grey types are more suited but its sourcing something through decent stuff 

• Like 1

With such a diminutive tyke , it is all down to their intent,...and to be honest, a lot of jukels frequently bite off more than they can chew..?

I've seen several dogs spit out a vulpine in double quick time, when he retaliates...

The small dogs are incredibly useful in dense bracken and rough woodland areas...

They are often able to keep in contact with the fox , especially if they bolt fast from a shallow earth.

Obviously, not the ideal dog for the job, but if that is all you have available and you are trying to clear an area of foxes, with traps , wires, etc, they do help to get on top of the situation.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 7