Patterdale x whippet

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon he could teach most pure whippets a thing or two. First x whippet Russell. Probably not as fast as a straight whippet but hardy, clever and brave. I wish I could have him back at that age aga

Russell X 3/4 grey 1/4 collie. This lad done way, way more than I ever expected. 22" ? Cheers, D.    

its a funny subject isn't it ....this hole thing of a dog opening up....yapping... as lurcher lads we are so programed to hate and detest opening up....its to point where most lads would never ad

Posted Images

On 05/07/2021 at 11:49, shaaark said:

Is it the angle of the pic, skycat, or is that dog/bitch a bit short coupled and boxy?  

Partly the angle, as her back looked a lot longer in real life, but she was very straight of stifle, which lessened her overall speed a lot. Very quick and nippy round cover though.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Loads with the brindle eye patches and a spot by base of tail in the 90's before the black dogs took over...dug over a few growing up that enjoyed a face full...

Few old uns liked 3/4 Russell 1/4 staff 

On 05/07/2021 at 23:06, shaaark said:

That's NOT brindle, mate.  It's black and tan/brindle.  See coursing breds and even collie/greys  with the same markings.  Thought you would've known that?  

Oh Magoo!  ? ?

the black and tan Airedale gave the black body, but the legs turned out brindle as the sire was all brindle. Only one out of the litter came out black and tan, the rest were solid coloured: red, red fawn and the one in the photo, black/brindle.

Pic of the Airedale dam below

Airedale hunting a dyke bottom.JPG

• Like 3