Patterdale x whippet

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Thing I  seen with beddy greys was they could take full spectrum on lamp mate 

lads never threw beddy greys out a motors driving land mate from what I seen ?

Bet a few were chucked out of motors mate it’s not a new thing road siding an not just bull or saluki owners that use the method 

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon he could teach most pure whippets a thing or two. First x whippet Russell. Probably not as fast as a straight whippet but hardy, clever and brave. I wish I could have him back at that age aga

Russell X 3/4 grey 1/4 collie. This lad done way, way more than I ever expected. 22" ? Cheers, D.    

its a funny subject isn't it ....this hole thing of a dog opening up....yapping... as lurcher lads we are so programed to hate and detest opening up....its to point where most lads would never ad

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Thing I  seen with beddy greys was they could take full spectrum on lamp mate 

lads never threw beddy greys out a motors driving land mate from what I seen ?

I think that’s more to do with the men than the dogs my friend. Plenty saluki xs getting chucked out of motors to sadly 

1 minute ago, poxon said:

Bet a few were chucked out of motors mate it’s not a new thing road siding an not just bull or saluki owners that use the method 

Road siding is different to throwing dogs out herding things with motor throwing more out when first ones knackered mate ? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

Road siding is different to throwing dogs out herding things with motor throwing more out when first ones knackered mate ? 

Yeah I know but same principle chucking dogs out a motor not all roads siding is a stand still affaire at a gate way some times is moving down lanes to openings Chucking dogs out a moving vehicle on stuff but get what you trying to say??
I’m having visions of a lurcher merry go round now with clown music playing with dog after dog being bunged out a motor ?

• Like 1

I think too many over the years (myself included) have been too obsessed with type names etc. Old lads years ago only required the dog to do its job, weren't fussed on breeding and just put a good dog to a good dog. 

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

It was a little demon on lamp mate little ambush merchant great to watch a big bull x is completely different mate ?and lad wouldn’t a come to open land in winter and tried even on lamp mate ?

I’m hoping to see some of these cracking bull x greys this season fingers x?
must a seen over 100 in me life easy some good ones but hopefully I’ll see these great all rounders take everything ?

You don't half waffle some fcukin shite mC HULL ill give you that. Lol. And the crazy thing is you actually have lads on here believing it. Lol. 

Fair play to ye.. Lol. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, poxon said:

Yeah I know but same principle chucking dogs out a motor not all roads siding is a stand still affaire at a gate way some times is moving down lanes to openings Chucking dogs out a moving vehicle on stuff but get what you trying to say??
I’m having visions of a lurcher merry go round now with clown music playing with dog after dog being bunged out a motor ?

thats how its done mate subaru and bull x went hand in hand mate open land motor herd um more dogs out when first was spent thats  how numbers was done mate ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

You don't half waffle some fcukin shite mC HULL ill give you that. Lol. And the crazy thing is you actually have lads on here believing it. Lol. 

Fair play to ye.. Lol. 

thing is mate theres good men on here and been about know what im saying is the truth mate ?

Just now, mC HULL said:

thats how its done mate subaru and bull x went hand in hand mate open land motor herd um more dogs out when first was spent thats  how numbers was done mate ?

Funny story but the first time I seen a scooby in action like that it was a coursing dog that came out the motor ? happens a lot by us, it’s always the hare lads driving the ground throwing dogs about ? know it happens with bull x to. Happens with all sorts. 

Personally I'm not too switched on regarding the Patterdale terrier cross greyhound. I must confess I've never ever heard or seen this type of cross  but there is always a first time I seemingly believe in i suppose. Consequently however what does one want to use this type of cross for i would really appreciate a response that I do anticipate whos going to set up a breeding project on such a cross???Patterdale terriers are absolutely magnificent fox killing merchants coupled to the fact being a terrier id say that they have the bottle and breeding ingredients to make ? really red hot ratting dogs.These venomous horrible rodents are not really my favourite ? creatures but I have done a relatively considerable amount of ratting whenever I get a call from farm and land owners Consequently asking for help to cull their overrun land.i profusely apologies that its actually the purebred whippet that a certain particular individual has the idea of crossing a Patterdale terrier x purebred whippet. Whippets themselves are fantastic little ratting dogs this alone comes from its inherited terrier blood in its pedigree such wham  bang merchants will provide the thrill and skills of ratting.My question is why use such a cross to kill these rodents id imagine that the progeny from this particular type of cross will inevitably mature into leggy whippeter confirmation with a broken harsh Arrington coat.Both Patterdale terriers and purebred whippets are widely recognised as good keen ratters but I personally fail to comprehend the logic of such a cross.Both Patterdale terriers and purebred whippets are incredibly ? keen fast and lightning quick when striking and killing a bolting jack rat thats relatively huge in size....especially barn rats grabbed up with stock pellets sometimes ? ther sizes one needs to see to believe....trust me.who ever brees this particular type....I sincerely wish you all the best. Carl Williams South Wales. 

dog-posing-in-a-field-CTH9T0.jpg

thing is mate theres good men on here and been about know what im saying is the truth mate ?

Thing is no one knows who does what. I’ve seen you on here laughing at and mocking a lad who I know has superb dogs abs kills more than most folk I’ve ever met while at the same time saying how great or experienced a man is who I know for a fact does very little. See it all the time on here, been a few dogs everyone says use as a stud if you want x type. Reality is most folk never seen says dogs in the flesh let alone run. One dog I’m thinking of couldn’t catch f**k all, average rabbit dog at best, I’ve seen it run. Yet men always bum it up on here ? one lad on here I know comes across as a mild mannered rabbit man who would be W bit square etc. Reality is he’s killed more deer with dogs than most folk had hot dinners. Funny old world. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Why's that then, have you seen these crosses in action? 

Yeah I’ve seen other crosses than beddy cross whippet work, main reason I wouldn’t choose beddy whippet now is the quality of tested beddys ain’t about. Plenty of grafted bulls russells and pats about. Also I wouldn’t be using this type of cross in the same way as you would a big lurcher, they’d be used for ratting bushing ferreting etc, more of a fast buster that you could use as a dog that could do dual rolls if you like. I wouldn’t particularly class it as a lurcher as such

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Seen a couple of good dogs run over doing that, I used to hang about with a lad and was out regular with him n Subaru, his dogs looked more like mastiffs than lurchers, it was crazy and f****n scarey at times…. I’m too old for that now and prefer to sneak in and out with minimal fuss.

• Like 2

Not my bag mate but not my place to rib how others get work in to there dogs my cousin used to do a bit back in the day??I used to gateway a bit now an then but not really practice it for a few years used to do a bit when spots were dry I’ll probably be doing a bit this season once I pick up another motor but none of this chucking out of moving motor stuff or herding with motor that’s not for me I’ll just look at gateways for a run or two ??