Patterdale x whippet

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon he could teach most pure whippets a thing or two. First x whippet Russell. Probably not as fast as a straight whippet but hardy, clever and brave. I wish I could have him back at that age aga

Russell X 3/4 grey 1/4 collie. This lad done way, way more than I ever expected. 22" ? Cheers, D.    

its a funny subject isn't it ....this hole thing of a dog opening up....yapping... as lurcher lads we are so programed to hate and detest opening up....its to point where most lads would never ad

Posted Images

1 minute ago, nothernlite said:

Yap louder ??

as you know I am a dyed in the wool beddywhippet man. I like them. I would also give other terrier crosses a go, lakeland, Russell etc. but it is always stated on these threads a straight whippet will do it all better. I will have one some day and see if its true. 

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

why bother, what do they do what a good working whippet can't do better?. that's how these threads always seem to end up. 

I reckon he could teach most pure whippets a thing or two. First x whippet Russell. Probably not as fast as a straight whippet but hardy, clever and brave. I wish I could have him back at that age again

IMG-20210204-WA0012.jpg

• Like 13
42 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I reckon he could teach most pure whippets a thing or two. First x whippet Russell. Probably not as fast as a straight whippet but hardy, clever and brave. I wish I could have him back at that age again

IMG-20210204-WA0012.jpg

With him being 1/2 Russell was he vocal when hunting/ chasing ?.

47 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

With him being 1/2 Russell was he vocal when hunting/ chasing ?.

No, never. Literally never heard him make a sound working.

He was, however  an utter b*****d for singing in the truck as soon as you went off the road onto a farm track. It used to drive me nuts and it wasn't very subtle, I'd say that was his only real fault.

I'm talking about him like he's dead, he's not. He's 13 though and half deaf and blind with hardly any teeth so not the same as he was, mores the pity

• Like 3

Think this x be good type ,always wondered why not many keep the x yet the bedy whippet very popular and as been for yrs but maybe the shape and size of bedlington terrier just makes a bigger better shape lurcher when put to a sight hound ,

My busher is bedy whippet x patt .

5 hours ago, fred90 said:

as you know I am a dyed in the wool beddywhippet man. I like them. I would also give other terrier crosses a go, lakeland, Russell etc. but it is always stated on these threads a straight whippet will do it all better. I will have one some day and see if its true. 

Mates got a lakeland x greyhound, she's getting on now but she put some stuff away .

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

He looks a cracking sort, can’t understand why they are not more popular. 

He sired one litter over my pat springer bitch but I regret never putting him to a whippet or small lurcher

• Like 1
Just now, Tyla said:

He sired one litter over my pat springer bitch but I regret never putting him to a whippet or small lurcher

Thats his daughter from the pat springer bitch, if she makes the grade this season I'd like to find something quick to put over her and hopefully end up with the same type as him

20210516_200038.jpg

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, Tyla said:

Thats his daughter from the pat springer bitch, if she makes the grade this season I'd like to find something quick to put over her and hopefully end up with the same type as him

20210516_200038.jpg

Would you not put him back over her? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Would you not put him back over her? 

I would but I tried a repeat mating with her mother and him a few months back and it didn't take so I'm worried that I've left it too late and hes too old

• Like 1