Patterdale x whippet

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon he could teach most pure whippets a thing or two. First x whippet Russell. Probably not as fast as a straight whippet but hardy, clever and brave. I wish I could have him back at that age aga

Russell X 3/4 grey 1/4 collie. This lad done way, way more than I ever expected. 22" ? Cheers, D.    

its a funny subject isn't it ....this hole thing of a dog opening up....yapping... as lurcher lads we are so programed to hate and detest opening up....its to point where most lads would never ad

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Liam Harries said:

Any known breeders for this cross?

dont know any breeders as such,  but did see a vic of this x,  that were ratting  and they were brill , i reckon be great on rabbits as well , and enough guts for old Charlie if need be , it a  x  i like  my self, pity you dont see  them about, think the vid was few years ago .

Just now, bird said:

dont know any breeders as such,  but did see a vid of this x,  that were ratting  and they were brill , i reckon be great on rabbits as well , and enough guts for old Charlie if need be , it a  x  i like  my self, pity you dont see  them about, think the vid was few years ago . they were black about 20- 22 in   .

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

I think they would smash something like a Beddy x whip out of the water ? 

Think id rather go to a legacy Russell if i wanted a terrier x whippet.

Not a fan of beddy whippets at all and iv seen enough of them run ??

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Liam Harries said:

Strong leggy patterdale and a good size whippet so the pups make 19-20 inches would be ideal, if any litters come up get in touch cheers?

We talk about it a lot, but it’s just finding someone with a decent t whippet bitch who’s game to try it. Most whippet owners are breeding whippet to whippet for mega bucks. Got a big leggy pat dog here, probably one of best earth dogs I’ve witnessed and a very obedient abs intelligent dog above ground. 

I'm still getting around to puting my Parson Russell over one of my whippets, I think that would be a hard enough whirrier for above ground work as the terrier is happy working thick scrub and blackberries and not an earth dog at all, which suits me. I wouldn't have thought about puting one of the denning Russells over them when I had them, too much drama.

• Like 2

Dunno about that, whippets are great dogs but there coats are less then good in my opinion.  I've never owned one but my uncle has had a fair few and they always get cut!

I think a patterdale x would be very good, surely someone with even a small bitsa lurcher could produce some good little dog.

?

• Like 2