purebred whippets on the cotswolds

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poodle on a sofa. The first poodle laid on a sofa in 1724 if you look at the length of leg and deepness of chest it made the poodle the ideal dog for this job. The non shedding coat of the poodle also

My old bitch in with a full Laguna owned and bred.  both under 18 in  many yrs ago and me little bitch in with the grim reaper you would have liked them two mc 

Posted Images

I've always had whippets and whippet based lurchers, for the rabbiting job...

These were the first dogs I encountered when I left my native Wales....I was captivated ..?

Bred various permutations and hybrids to suit the dense woodlands and Ditch busting adventures, and I've enjoyed being around these dynamic canines.

The cur dogs that I have today, are a judicious mix, of Sooty Sam, Working style Whippet and my friend Barry Sharp's Border Collie Sheepdog blood.... ?

My target species today, is strictly rabbits, so a diminutive runner is just about ideal... ?

Its good to see so many whippets out and about locally,....lots of lads have them....

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 10
2 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

I've always had whippets and whippet based lurchers, for the rabbiting job...

These were the first dogs I encountered when I left my native Wales....I was captivated ..?

Bred various permutations and hybrids to suit the dense woodlands and Ditch busting adventures, and I've enjoyed being around these dynamic canines.

The cur dogs that I have today, are a judicious mix, of Sooty Sam, Working style Whippet and my friend Barry Sharp's Border Collie Sheepdog blood.... ?

My target species today, is strictly rabbits, so a diminutive runner is just about ideal... ?

Its good to see so many whippets out and about locally,....lots of lads have them....

Sky originals Feb07 078.jpg

Il prob get another whippet soon and a couple of ferrets and prob a whippet lurcher later on rats n rabbits but some part of me wants to get a truffle hunter lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Fabulously evocative images Green Lurchers?

I used to follow on behind the Slipper at some of the events, mostly the larger hounds.

Its amazing just how strong and skillful you need to be, to get the dogs balanced in slips, and away, evenly?

I tried it a few times myself and it is definitely an acquired knack!

PICT0040.JPG

good bit a grey in em phil ?

bet some twist and turn with them?

1 hour ago, mush said:

How many days was that over? Got a wall eye hasn't it?

Was over 3 days two in pic ran 4 a day , eye was from injury. ?  No head start for little bitches against bigger  heavier boned dogs 

Edited by green lurchers
6 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Was over 3 days two in pic ran 4 a day , eye was from injury. ?  No head start for little bitches against bigger  heavier boned dogs 

12 over 3 days good going mate ? many get stopped mate ? 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Black neck said:

Land mine

Fantastic pic mate. We were lucky enough to be at a great meet in the Cotswolds when Gary Kelly was judging and the coursing was unbelievable. He actually stopped to chat to us on the way past, after the final and he was just in shock at the quality of the coursing the Whippets produced, and thats coming from a man who has slipped the best Greyhounds in the world for years and years. I really enjoyed those meets and would still be going now if it wasnt for the Ban. I didnt go to the last meet or to the last Waterloo, I found it too sad and hard to swallow.

Can you tell me Green Lurchers the name of the judge who had a big fancy moustache and sideburns and he was an authority on birds of prey and wrote a book?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Fantastic pic mate. We were lucky enough to be at a great meet in the Cotswolds when Gary Kelly was judging and the coursing was unbelievable. He actually stopped to chat to us on the way past, after the final and he was just in shock at the quality of the coursing the Whippets produced, and thats coming from a man who has slipped the best Greyhounds in the world for years and years. I really enjoyed those meets and would still be going now if it wasnt for the Ban. I didnt go to the last meet or to the last Waterloo, I found it too sad and hard to swallow.

Can you tell me Green Lurchers the name of the judge who had a big fancy moustache and sideburns and he was an authority on birds of prey and wrote a book?

What am I the fecking secretary, ask him your self ?

• Haha 1

Jeemes,...the guy you are thinking of is Roger Upton.

Real interesting, well travelled fellah to talk to.. 

Sadly, I've just learned he succumbed to Parkinson's .

He lived one hell of a Sporting Life....?

R.I.P.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

?Try and keep up bonny lad,...they are Greyhounds...?

Jeemes,...the guy you are thinking of is Roger Upton...real interesting, well travelled fellah to talk to..

He lives one hell of a Sporting Life....?

Its hard to keep.up with you romancers ? 

Were talking about whippets then bigger types a whippet (grews )lol 

Then you put greys up ? 

The thing they have in common  is you need to slip 2 to have any type a luck ? ? ?

• Sad 1