purebred whippets on the cotswolds

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poodle on a sofa. The first poodle laid on a sofa in 1724 if you look at the length of leg and deepness of chest it made the poodle the ideal dog for this job. The non shedding coat of the poodle also

My old bitch in with a full Laguna owned and bred.  both under 18 in  many yrs ago and me little bitch in with the grim reaper you would have liked them two mc 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

Poodle on a sofa. The first poodle laid on a sofa in 1724 if you look at the length of leg and deepness of chest it made the poodle the ideal dog for this job. The non shedding coat of the poodle also made many a cleaner happy not to have to constantly clean said sofa.in the future I plan to re create this line of sofa poodles I just haven't sourced the sofa or poodle yet but scs has guaranteed me the best line of sofa in the future.

Thanks the kid from a council estate near you

20210616_075332.jpg

Put me down for 3 

• Haha 1

Nice seeing a brace of coursing whippets in slips and in the hands of a good slipper I was fortunate enough to have Bob blatch slip my dogs on a couple of occasions the last he slipped my whippets was at Wrexham North Wales.i remember chatting to the legendary Ronnie miles coursing judge frequently seen at Altcar nr Liverpool he said those little full hearted whippets provide fantastic sport and give it their all and best!! I could not agree more.

2 hours ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Nice seeing a brace of coursing whippets in slips and in the hands of a good slipper I was fortunate enough to have Bob blatch slip my dogs on a couple of occasions the last he slipped my whippets was at Wrexham North Wales.i remember chatting to the legendary Ronnie miles coursing judge frequently seen at Altcar nr Liverpool he said those little full hearted whippets provide fantastic sport and give it their all and best!! I could not agree more.

? Did you hear the sound of those names hitting the floor? ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 5

Fabulously evocative images Green Lurchers?

I used to follow on behind the Slipper at some of the events, mostly the larger hounds.

Its amazing just how strong and skillful you need to be, to get the dogs balanced in slips, and away, evenly?

I tried it a few times myself and it is definitely an acquired knack!

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 7
24 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Fabulously evocative images Green Lurchers?

I used to follow on behind the Slipper at some of the events, mostly the larger hounds.

Its amazing just how strong and skillful you need to be, to get the dogs balanced in slips, and away, evenly?

I tried it a few times myself and it is definitely an acquired knack!

Can be a nightmare not my cup of tea maybe easier for driven like the cotswolds but everything was walked up east side in it’s purist form , great days as the dogs we’re getting better until the brick wall ban  nowdays how can anyone tell wats best if you can’t compete lots of yrs breeding fit for function of correct size whippets is gone forever , folk can say wat they want about todays whippets,  but on the field  If correct size could you find the answer see plenty of hyped dogs get the treatment The winner of the last cup in the pic had dominated the scene along with her siblings  then the end it’s all history now end of a great era 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 11
2 minutes ago, samboy said:

My grandfather was an expert at slipping whippets. He was a Geordie and a slippery old b* ggar .

He said you wouldn't believe the fiddles that went on but he would never tell me.

He was well known as Conrad the crook do anything for a tenner