Looking at getting a few rollers/tumblers meself never kept them before but fancy getting some for the garden  is there any good books that anyone could recommend or forums to join. I’m in no rush would rather start the job right 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out in the settling cage tonight. Had an hour out and all back through the Bob wires to be fed. 

One was called tucker but it escaped after 2 days and disappeared....so the white hen you gave us is tucker2. Then there is boggle and the big cock bird is vulcan.  You know what my wife is like,

Next time the rest are going up throw one of them as high as you can and keep the other 2 in, once you get one flying then add another etc. They get unfit or out of practice and just don't want to get

Posted Images

20 hours ago, gnipper said:

Have you had any out yet Dido? 

Yeah let the original 5 out. They had a bit of a fly and spent an hour sitting on roofs then came back and went straight in. Might let that white speckled hen I got off you out with em tonight. 

• Like 1

I fed em to much last night and didn't take the trough out till dinner time today cos I was hungover, they didn't seem that hungry this evening so I didn't let em out tonight. Fed em half measure of food, will let em out tomorrow night now 

On 29/06/2021 at 15:57, gnipper said:

I forgot to ask what all their names are? 

One was called tucker but it escaped after 2 days and disappeared....so the white hen you gave us is tucker2. Then there is boggle and the big cock bird is vulcan. 

You know what my wife is like, she's now making them bird treats ?

All out tonight and all back in perfectly. The little grey squeaker came out and sat on the kit box roof as well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, gnipper said:

Are they kitting together yet or bombing around all over the place? 

They are all over the place. Skimming roofs, hitting Windows and giving me a heart attack ?

On 30/06/2021 at 22:32, DIDO.1 said:

They are all over the place. Skimming roofs, hitting Windows and giving me a heart attack ?

One the best bits for me is when they go from a bunch birds flying Willy nilly all over the place to kitting together , feels like it’s all dropping in place , but you always get the one last fecker who still flying about like it’s fecked in the head 

• Like 1