Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out in the settling cage tonight. Had an hour out and all back through the Bob wires to be fed. 

One was called tucker but it escaped after 2 days and disappeared....so the white hen you gave us is tucker2. Then there is boggle and the big cock bird is vulcan.  You know what my wife is like,

Next time the rest are going up throw one of them as high as you can and keep the other 2 in, once you get one flying then add another etc. They get unfit or out of practice and just don't want to get

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

Out in the settling cage tonight. Had an hour out and all back through the Bob wires to be fed. 

IMG_20210615_175417.jpg

IMG_20210615_175320.jpg

Awsome, keep em nice an hungry an they will be trained in no time 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Get em on wheat mate, maybe pigeon mix on a weekend or something. When they are on wheat they will fly slower and kit better.

 The cleaned wheat from the shops is only a tad dearer than dusty farm wheat.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gnipper said:

Get em on wheat mate, maybe pigeon mix on a weekend or something. When they are on wheat they will fly slower and kit better.

 The cleaned wheat from the shops is only a tad dearer than dusty farm wheat.

Probably will do once I get em flying. I've been told that so I'd like to see what a difference it actually makes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Probably will do once I get em flying. I've been told that so I'd like to see what a difference it actually makes 

Well when my lad decide to feed them my dad's racing pigeon mix mine stayed up for hours were like tiny dots in sky , keep em hungry on wheet and measure there feed it will help you with the time they stay up aswell , 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss mine , I gave mine wheat 6 days a week one bean tin for 20 birds , then  a pigeon mix one day with some layers pellets in other day , if they did not come in when called id miss a feed , think I will definitely get some more 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm going to try letting them out in another week or so, shall I put them on wheat from the off then? 

I would,  stick them on half rations for a couple of days first too so that they are watching the feeder like a hawk and whistle or call however you like at feeding time until they respond to it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, gnipper said:

I would,  stick them on half rations for a couple of days first too so that they are watching the feeder like a hawk and whistle or call however you like at feeding time until they respond to it.

Yeah they are battering against the wire when I whistle at feed time. 

I left one of the breeder boxes open and there is now 2 eggs in it 😂🥚

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Yeah they are battering against the wire when I whistle at feed time. 

I left one of the breeder boxes open and there is now 2 eggs in it 😂🥚

Iv always preferred to let new birds nest before letting them out, deffo lessens the chances of them Fcuking off 😁 but I don’t keep them gay rollers 😂 

 

 

Edited by W. Katchum
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv always preferred to let new birds nest before letting them out, deffo lessens the chances of them Fcuking off 😁 but I don’t keep them gay rollers 😂 

 

 

Yeah we always let em lay before letting new birds out but gnipper told me not to....unfortunately we now have an un planned pregnancy so nowt I can do about it. This is why I don't like kit boxes, I can't see what's going on. I grew up with big lofts so we spent time in there watching em. 

I actually had two gay pigeons, to frill backs, they would sit on eggs and hatch and rear em. I,  two proper benders they were 

Edited by DIDO.1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...