I haven't had a bad one yet - 2 Airwolfs, a Merlyn and another couple of older models.

They were all good accurate rifles - those electronic triggers are nice to use.

The only reason that I don't own one now is that I just can't get my head around having electronics on a rifle - I much prefer mechanical moving parts. 

I bought all of mine used so, the prices were reasonable - I can't see me ever forking out for one of their rifles brand new - some of the prices are a bit over the top.

I’ve got two a x2 sport and a sir ranger never had any bother with either and recommended one to my mate he got the air wolf I think and it’s been back twice due to losing pressure and still isn’t 100% right plus it’s a hell of a lot heavier than mine 

There are people who have had no issues at all and some years ago I really fancied the Air Wolf but at that time my rfd had one in for repair and the hassle of getting Daystate to sort out the problem was crazy, if my memory serves me well, it went back three times and still didn't get it sorted so the guy sold it and at the same time another chap I knew had bought one and again having power issues, it went back and came back sorted...................not, A target showing the grouping ( I think) thirty mts was included, despite 4 of us trying, we could not get a group anywhere near as good as the one returned and that was an indoor 25mt range so no effect of wind.    I didn't buy one.

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

There are people who have had no issues at all and some years ago I really fancied the Air Wolf but at that time my rfd had one in for repair and the hassle of getting Daystate to sort out the problem was crazy, if my memory serves me well, it went back three times and still didn't get it sorted so the guy sold it and at the same time another chap I knew had bought one and again having power issues, it went back and came back sorted...................not, A target showing the grouping ( I think) thirty mts was included, despite 4 of us trying, we could not get a group anywhere near as good as the one returned and that was an indoor 25mt range so no effect of wind.    I didn't buy one.

Phil

I have heard a few stories about shit service and spurious chrono reports and target cards from Daystate.

If I ever bought another and it needed work, I'd probably get in touch with Staffordshire Custom Rifles - they seem to have a good reputation with these rifles.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

I have heard a few stories about shit service and spurious chrono reports and target cards from Daystate.

If I ever bought another and it needed work, I'd probably get in touch with Staffordshire Custom Rifles - they seem to have a good reputation with these rifles.

So does Ratworks who seem to get plenty Jon..............?

Phil

• Like 1

Would I buy another Daystate know fcuking way  , shit guns & shit company . I believe daystate don’t actually make guns but buy bits  and assemble the crap , then give out false    Chronograph readings .

Pellet fell through to the hammer system on mine , sent it back , them saying it’s my fault and shouldn’t be cocking the gun when shooting more than 35 degree angle . Told the garden gnome tony Belis or what ever his name is , it’s a design fault he went off on one , complete tosser and charged me £16+  on a brand new gun 

came back under powered although the chronograph sheet said 11. 5  , but only doing 10.9 , with the same pellets they used . Completely useless, they lie like a cheap whore , incompetent at all levels and that’s being kind 

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I think it’s bellend??

Got it in one DB.  I spoke to him at the Northern Shooting Show and asked it my Nitesite would work on the MTC Viper Connect, oh no came back the response.  Saw him again at the Game Fair several months later and asked him the same question again, yes no problem at all was the response this time round, fcuking idiot with no idea whatsoever.  BELLEND is a great descriptive name for him ???

Phil

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

Got it in one DB.  I spoke to him at the Northern Shooting Show and asked it my Nitesite would work on the MTC Viper Connect, oh no came back the response.  Saw him again at the Game Fair several months later and asked him the same question again, yes no problem at all was the response this time round, fcuking idiot with no idea whatsoever.  BELLEND is a great descriptive name for him ???

Phil

Yerr, I had the misfortune of meeting him in Drapers shop. He can talk a glass eye to sleep. I couldn’t get away until he’d stuffed one of his brochures into my hand.??

22 hours ago, mark williams said:

My local range has a resident gunsmith, his speciality is Daystate rifles, he's always very busy and I kid you not.

Hi Mark, which range is it, I have a Daystate that needs a bit of work, 

thanks

Dave

• Haha 1