Saluki's and their crosses.

12 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

This has turned into an amazingly lengthy thread?

The subject is obviously very important to a lot of guys..

I've scant understanding of these phenomenal coursing dogs,...but my close friend has an almost Encyclopedic knowledge of both the early breeding, and the contemporary bloodlines...

He is kind enough to educate me when the fancy takes him,..alas, I make a poor pupil...?

What I have noticed, is that these stunning canine athletes are starting to become, a recognisable type..

It is obvious that a certain specific appearance and physicality, suits the tasks laid before them..?

I've thought for a long time that the coursing dogs and the non-ped whippets are two types of lurcher, ( I know, I know, they are technically long dogs), that are breeding true to type and could be thought of as separate, speciality breeds, perhaps "hare dogs" and "race dogs", although I doubt "hare dogs" would go down to well these days with certain sections of the populace.

Cheers.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've thought for a long time that the coursing dogs and the non-ped whippets are two types of lurcher, ( I know, I know, they are technically long dogs), that are breeding true to type and could be thought of as separate, speciality breeds, perhaps "hare dogs" and "race dogs", although I doubt "hare dogs" would go down to well these days with certain sections of the populace.

Cheers.

Feck um

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

gl is in that certain section of the population he hates the old coursing bred hare killer lol

• Haha 1

Right, question for you lads, rank the sighthounds from best to worst on hares. 

1. Saluki

2. Galgo

3. Greyhound 

4. Magyar agar

5. Whippet 

6. Sloughi 

7. Deerhound 

8. Borzoi 

9. Afghan Hound 

10. Charts off here. 

?

Edited by Greb147
10 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Right, question for you lads, rank the sighthounds from best to worst on hares. 

1. Saluki

2. Galgo

3. Greyhound 

4. Magyar agar

5. Whippet 

6. Sloughi 

7. Deerhound 

8. Borzoi 

9. Afghan Hound 

10. Charts off here. 

?

I might come 9th, just slightly above the Afghan !?!

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Tbf I think I'm going to have to swap spots with the Whippet and Sloughi, sorry GL. 

I've still got that pic you sent me of your collie x the hare slayer greb..you could do with a haircut though ?

patron.jpg.a15220fbf87eb92867969ffef51563fe.jpg

• Haha 3