• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

Just now, Greb147 said:

I pay enough tax, you vultures robbed the country blind with your covid payouts, I'm just trying to even the score. Lol 

I don't get paid shit mate what's mine is mine a don't get up at 6 every morning an set off to work at 10 an home at 4.30 bed by 10 to give them crumpets I work to provide for my family. The country wants to wake up an do the same. What do they do for us but f**k every thing up 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I know I have but it's interesting to me because to some folk it's not black & white like that as they say they can catch in the smaller fields.

Isn't the coursing bred just a UK linebred saluki anyway, so it stands to reason that the pace for the smaller land can be found in the right pures, you just have to get the ones bred right. 

Any land you want, lamp, ferret, blah blah blah, but a lurcher bred for the job is going to be better in most cases, isn't it

The early Kizzy Pharaoh dogs were the quickest sharpest( including temperaments ??‍♂️) imo

8 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Any land you want, lamp, ferret, blah blah blah, but a lurcher bred for the job is going to be better in most cases, isn't it

The early Kizzy Pharaoh dogs were the quickest sharpest( including temperaments ??‍♂️) imo

You think it's just because many if not most aren't worked properly meaning those that do work them are in a tight circle? 

It's just that in theory if adding outside blood sets them back then it's got to be all about work and selection. 

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You think it's just because many if not most aren't worked properly meaning those that do work them are in a tight circle? 

It's just that in theory if adding outside blood sets them back then it's got to be all about work and selection. 

One thing I think folk maybe forget, they were bred for different land, different jobs and a different lifestyle, and of course for men with a different mindset. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I looked into this subject (Brindle in Salukis) and my conclusion is, that despite the fact,that there are three genes which could and can mask the brindle gene kbr, it would be basically impossible to carry the brindle gene hidden for more, than one, or two generations. So, regardless how many old photos exist to show brindle Salukis, or Saluki type dogs in the middle east from 10-50-150 years ago, the brindle gene could only have survived, if it was bred continuously. It is impossible for the gene to reappear in the breed, after10-50-100 years of being dormant. One of the gene, which could mask brindle is, the dominant black, KB on the K (blacK) locus, is rare in the USA and Gr.Brittan and does not exist in Salukis in Australia, or I just haven't seen any so far in 25 years, or so. The second gene, the recessive black a/a on the agouti locus, also doesn't exist in Salukis. The only gene in Salukis, which could and can mask, and so carry hidden, the brindle gene in Australia is the recessive, or so called extention yellow e/e. This gene exist in Salukis, but because this is the only masking gene in existence in Salukis in Australia, the only way it could mask the brindle colour is, if recessive yellow e/e Saluki was to bred to recessive yellow e/e Saluki, which hardly ever happens, and definitely not for generation after generation, and especially not for 10-50-100 years. While theoretically is possible, in practice it could never happen. If a recessive yellow e/e Saluki is bred to any other coloured Saukis, including dominant yellow Ay on the agouti locus, which genetic make up have to be E/e, or E/E on the extention locus, or to dominant black KB Salukis, which would have to be E/E, or E/e in constitution on the extention locus discarding the mask gene EM at the moment, brindle kbr would be produced in the first, or second generation, if the recessive yellow e/e Saluki was a hidden brindle carrier, and even faster if the dominant black Saluki carried the brindle gene hidden as well KB/kbr on the K (blacK) locus. So brindle would be impossible to be carried hidden in Salukis for more than a few generations at the most, in a single kennel (with yellow e/e to yellow e/e mating all the time) and virtually, completely impossible in the breed as a whole! The dogs, which are known hidden brindle carriers, exist in breeds, which accept the brindle, black and different kind of yellow to red shades of colours in their standard, thus the brindle gene kbr, one of the black gene KB, or a/a and both yellow genes Ay and e/e must exist in those breeds! One of this breed is the Afghan Hound. Another one is the French Bulldog. And so on, but all these breeds hide the brindle gene only for one, or two generations, not for years, or tens of years. I mean, that is just absurd."

Well boring

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

One thing I think folk maybe forget, they were bred for different land, different jobs and a different lifestyle, and of course for men with a different mindset. 

Fair point, in theory the coursing breds are just linebred saluki's that have been perfected for our land and quarry. 

Still when folk keep crossing back in to pure maybe the pures aren't that far behind. 

10 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Don't know about tight circles. And don't know about setting them back, the lurcher blood has made them better/better suited, ain't it

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Fair point, in theory the coursing breds are just linebred saluki's that have been perfected for our land and quarry. 

Still when folk keep crossing back in to pure maybe the pures aren't that far behind. 

But also our lifestyles and attitudes. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Ive had both  Kizzy Pharaoh and stuff bred off imports . And the temperaments are shit on a lot of the English stuff and your lucky if they dont run like rocking horses.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Just getting back to Sloughi's, the dog on the left looks like a sloughi, the dog on the right looks like a saluki, and the one in the middle could be a cross between the two !

IMG_0514.JPG.2f70aabde9bb0bcb7a2f0b31cb4031c7.JPG

But the owner/breeder told me they were litter mates !

Cheers.

i would a thought pure mate pig tails on em i love to try one a them ? 

2 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Where's these pic Mc mate a can see your on ? Lol

had a cracking day mate on proper uns not them run round in circles mate ? the lads heading home he will send me pic of is camera shortly i’m having me tea going bk to pick up dog food 

fens be on later massive slips 1 min to bend um i don’t tell lies ? 

• Haha 2