Saluki's and their crosses.

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Just read up on em and they say a range of 1200mtr, handy bit of kit then.

may be 1200 meters mate i normally go low end thats why i said 900 lol 

i can see on lamp most likey 600 yds i said 500yds to be on safe side ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

What's the range on them, in a way I'd hate one cos it reminds me of the PlayStation generation where everything is too easy but I can understand now why folk want to use them, saves a lot of time and walking the land needlessly I suppose. 

Plenty far enough for what I do mate. And to be honest it’s not really about making it easier to catch lots for me, it’s more about avoiding detection, even on permission. The lamp is only on when you’re running stuff not scanning fields. The other thing is it allows for more precise quarry identification and selection. Ie I could have possibly killed that doe which was out grazing, but stood watching her for a while I could see her fawn tucked up in the hedge behind her. So just enjoyed watching her and let her on her way. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

may be 1200 meters mate i normally go low end thats why i said 900 lol 

i can see on lamp most likey 600 yds i said 500yds to be on safe side ?

I'm like that mate, I say my pecker is only 7 when it's 8.

Inch that is and not mil. ?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Plenty far enough for what I do mate. And to be honest it’s not really about making it easier to catch lots for me, it’s more about avoiding detection, even on permission. The lamp is only on when you’re running stuff not scanning fields. The other thing is it allows for more precise quarry identification and selection. Ie I could have possibly killed that doe which was out grazing, but stood watching her for a while I could see her fawn tucked up in the hedge behind her. So just enjoyed watching her and let her on her way. 

In this day and age invaluable when you come to think of it. 

Still, the way it's ending up it would kill me having that taken off me as well as my dog. 

2 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I prefer when the heat source shows up as black most of the time but when the sun is out I’ve find it better to have the heat source as white because it doesn’t seem to show up all the stones and bits of clumps of mud ect that have heated up in the sun and can think they are something else

Lean summat new everyday, thought there must be a reason for all the settings cos black stands out much better to my eyes. 

2 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I prefer when the heat source shows up as black most of the time but when the sun is out I’ve find it better to have the heat source as white because it doesn’t seem to show up all the stones and bits of clumps of mud ect that have heated up in the sun and can think they are something else

on the lamp i let the dog have a bomb about empty its self 5 mins later further on i thought i spoted a bunny in stubble walked to it was the shit the dog must a had ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

looked bigger than what it was must a been the heat from it was a log but looked like a round ball on thermal ?

Hahahaha tha a diamond like my mate, he thinks his dogs marking when it's having a piss and shit. ?

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Mole hills, dog shits, fresh animal piss, where animals have been lying down, distant chimneys, base of pylons, black things which have absorbed the sun. 

It’s the equivalent of lamping bottle caps and old cats eyes off the road ? 

So you'd catch a fugitive African no problem then? 

Do they work well when animals are in thick cover?