Saluki's and their crosses.

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

love to know the ending.....but by crhist did that clip need subtitles..lol

Lol first year we went to king of the road we got lost , so stopped to ask someone the way, not one of us new what he said.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

He had a couple of bitches when R interviewed him.

Was shown a clip of him training a 7th generation one some gundog basics

I imagine he just keeps them now for a bit of mooching, not sure how they would square up to the best out and out coursing dogs of today. 

I have noticed that he likes to cross back in to greyhound quite a lot which a lot of the lads say is a big no, no. 

5 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Said he likes the saluki X greyhound close up in them, he likes the gears

Wasn't Dancer out of two first cross saluki/greyhounds? 

I wonder how she managed to win what she did on the big land against the heavy saluki based dogs. 

I mean would any of the top lads of today even think about going back to greyhound. 

2 minutes ago, mush said:

Put a first cross saluki greyhound to a first cross saluki greyhound and you can get anything from saluki to greyhound looking.

And the traits of performance that goes with it I should imagine. 

Still, I find it interesting that A.S liked to use greyhound when many folk shudder at the thought of using greyhound blood. 

The man clearly knew what he was doing as his results count for themselves. 

3 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Nuttal told me them type of dogs are alright for getting tuned up for a competition if they are managed correctly but wouldn’t be able to take running fens twice a week for the season like foxy did

I get you mate, so he believed it was more of a case of Sankey being a top stockman, getting his dogs in pristine condition for the one big competition rather the dogs going out and doing it week in week out on the best of hares? 

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

And the traits of performance that goes with it I should imagine. 

Still, I find it interesting that A.S liked to use greyhound when many folk shudder at the thought of using greyhound blood. 

The man clearly knew what he was doing as his results count for themselves. 

A don’t think A.S liked to use greyhound blood that’s what he started with and after that he picked what suited his line best to use over his bitchs he used greyhound over original blondie due to ban comeing in and would be running smaller land.He got tidy bitch at min tbf who just took litter off.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

A don’t think A.S liked to use greyhound blood that’s what he started with and after that he picked what suited his line best to use over his bitchs he used greyhound over original blondie due to ban comeing in and would be running smaller land.He got tidy bitch at min tbf who just took litter off.

Edited by Greb147

I had one off that stuff run like a loon but very good hearted was constantly hurt tho in one way or another. 

first night i got it i took it straight over behind my place and slipped it on a rabbit on the lamp it ran straight into a post and rail fence didnt even attempt to slow down i thought it was definitely dead but no. I did enjoy having it about but i dont think you could run it very often just took too many knocks.

• Thanks 1