Saluki's and their crosses.

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Razor is grandad both sides mate, dam was bred razor over a 5/8 3/8 bull x bitch and sire was bred razor over I believe a bitch which was a mix of merlin and Eve type coursing and minshaw. He is basically over half coursing blood with a few other bits and bobs. 

Alot are going that way now mate outcrossing look at MP & RW I've done it a few times. A think it's good to put new blood in an mess about abit. Alot of these top bred coursing dogs now haven't made much of them self's as in the wrong hands but okay to line there pockets it's all backwards now not like it was before the ban when it was hard to get hold of a well bred coursing dog unless you knew lads that was into it back then or family members that have been in that game. Now you look on every site you'll see these top bred pups. Before they was gone before they left the nest 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

He's a dog ! ?

To be honest, I had the dogs out much as possible, but to even see a hare in the saudi desert , never mind kill one was a rarity .

I ran a few, but killed even fewer.

I have friends out their who have the means and finances to take their dogs and birds to hunt in North Africa and Pakistan who do well with the same types.

Cheers.

Nice one, so you owned it whilst over there then, interesting. 

What were the hares like over there mate. 

6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

He's a dog ! ?

To be honest, I had the dogs out much as possible, but to even see a hare in the saudi desert , never mind kill one was a rarity .

I ran a few, but killed even fewer.

I have friends out their who have the means and finances to take their dogs and birds to hunt in North Africa and Pakistan who do well with the same types.

Cheers.

One of my pals who is into breeding the white albidos gos hawks has a friend brings the hoods over an bells from the middle east. Its a different way of living over there. A chap who was on here from up north east had a pure saluki brought over nice looking thing black an white lovely going back about 7 years now. 

3 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Alot are going that way now mate outcrossing look at MP & RW I've done it a few times. A think it's good to put new blood in an mess about abit. Alot of these top bred coursing dogs now haven't made much of them self's as in the wrong hands but okay to line there pockets it's all backwards now not like it was before the ban when it was hard to get hold of a well bred coursing dog unless you knew lads that was into it back then or family members that have been in that game. Now you look on every site you'll see these top bred pups. Before they was gone before they left the nest 

To be honest mate I’m not a coursing man, I like a good race on most things and the right hare, right dog and right ground and you have a fine spectacle to watch. But it’s not my main quarry. I like a bit of mixed mooching, and it will be interesting to see how this dog with so much coursing blood in him takes to it. He has so far been slow to start, but we are deffo moving in the right direction. Slowly ticking the milestones off. By next season he may well be a very impressive animal indeed. Or he may just be average, we shall see. 

• Like 1
Just now, Gypsydog94 said:

Le chameau for my wellies ?? But anytime out with dogs always got walking boots on. Better support over rough terrain mud woods etc. but if I was walking a shitty field all day would wear wellies 

image.jpg

I use aigle, how do you find the Cham’s last ? 

Just now, SheepChaser said:

To be honest mate I’m not a coursing man, I like a good race on most things and the right hare, right dog and right ground and you have a fine spectacle to watch. But it’s not my main quarry. I like a bit of mixed mooching, and it will be interesting to see how this dog with so much coursing blood in him takes to it. He has so far been slow to start, but we are deffo moving in the right direction. Slowly ticking the milestones off. By next season he may well be a very impressive animal indeed. Or he may just be average, we shall see. 

You've got to nowadays mix it lol games f****d init. To be fair since its got worse with law I've sat back abit an not doing much like I used to. I'm the bread winner here an a family to look after a can't be having numpties like that do me for stupid stuff an specially trying to take my dog not a chance a would loss it an be straight locked up for assault.  It's like taking one of your kids the bond we have. An would be locked up so now I'm hitting not bad land but not the fens I'm over east Yorkshire way an south Yorkshire borders.. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Nice one, so you owned it whilst over there then, interesting. 

What were the hares like over there mate. 

I owned a few.

The hares were few and far between ?

I was lucky enough to work for an airline, who's benefits they gave me enabled me to fly around the world for free and follow my passion for working dogs, which I used to my full advantage. The missus sometimes got a bit upset when she wanted to sit on a beach, but I wanted to hunt fox or pigs ! But we've been happily married for 45 years, so I guess it worked out ok ! ? !

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

That’s what I was thinking - dairy is hard on wellies. I’m getting 12 months max with aigles 

Concreted in them grinding etc always give them good wash end of the day probably helps. If you know anyone who works mole valley the discount saves a lot of money ?