Saluki's and their crosses.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Maybe it’s just because a lot of lads with serious lines of dogs keep more bitches as that’s the brood animal and it’s easier to go to a stud than find a good brood bitch. I’ve always found in general it’s easier and more consistent to get a good dog but a good bitch is something to see. I’m thinking of bull x types there though. 

I honestly believe if you haven't got good bitches you've ain't got nothing, breeding for good dogs only will eventually lead you nowhere and has been the downfall of many a good line of both terriers and lurchers. 

Any serious dogmen I've known thought more of a good bitch than a good dog. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I honestly believe if you haven't got good bitches you've ain't got nothing, breeding for good dogs only will eventually lead you nowhere and has been the downfall of many a good line of both terriers and lurchers. 

You want your bitches like dogs divnt it bruh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Well said 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

That’s sort of what I was getting at. In all animals you only need a few good dogs to keep a line going but need good bitches and more of them. I think for strong work dogs have a natural advantage and can look better than they are because often they have things more their way. When you have a bitch that equals the dogs it usually means she’s punching above her weight and is a truly remarkable animal. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Now thats a term i've not heard in many a year... ??

Not thought of/mentioned nowadays but 'doggy bitches' once were coverted. I'm lucky to own one now. ?

I've had a few over the years, more so in terriers right enough where they seem to turn up more often in certain lines. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The big deer cross I had, Lima, acted like a dog.

She'd mount the other bitches and cocked her leg for a piss

FullSizeRender.jpg.9abeb62ea634960a3ff8a03a2fe5760c.jpg

Definately an Alpha female.

Cheers.

thats what a bitch pup is like now with me dog pup 6 month old mounts the facker all the time back to front or what lol

• Haha 1