Saluki's and their crosses.

7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Also lads with a few dogs often se to have a few bitches and maybe a dog rather than a few dogs and the one bitch. Same with ferrets even, lots of good jills about but not many folk keep a load of hobs. 

Isn't it funny how in humans there's a clear performance and physical difference between the sexes but it doesn't seem to be the case with dogs. 

I mean if dogs were the equivalent of humans, males would be much better hare coursers. 

There's no denying that there is physical differences between dogs and bitches from a litter but that doesn't translate in the field, interesting thoughts.

Edited by Greb147

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I dont think that's really the case with wolves though mate as pack members bring food to the den, the female barely leaves the den? 

In wild/street dogs the female often has to fend for herself. This is actually quite different between dogs and wolfs.

But whatever I am just hypothesizing…

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

In wild/street dogs the female often has to fend for herself. This is actually quite different between dogs and wolfs.

But whatever I am just hypothesizing…

It's an interesting thought, I mean most cats you will find the male does most of it's hunting. 

I do wonder if females are more successful, I doubt studies like that have taken place. 

"What's better, dogs or bitches" ?

Very thought provoking, for me at least !

With lurchers, I've had both over the years, some good, some bad, both dogs and bitches, so I've no real opinion. 

I THINK, and I may be wrong, that more dogs than bitches have won the Greyhound Derby.

Also, I THINK more dogs than bitches have won the Waterloo Cup.

In non-ped Whippet racing, its predominantly dogs that win the scratch races, although there has been some tremendous scratch bitches.

Whereas in the yards for pounds racing, when the supreme bitch and dog ran off against each other , only two dogs won in 25 years.

This leads me to think the heavier dog beats the lighter bitch when ran together, but when matched pound for pound, the bitches win.

Doesnt prove anything, maybe someone even more nerdy than me could take an in-depth look at the Derby and Waterloo Cup results ? ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

"What's better, dogs or bitches" ?

Very thought provoking, for me at least !

With lurchers, I've had both over the years, some good, some bad, both dogs and bitches, so I've no real opinion. 

I THINK, and I may be wrong, that more dogs than bitches have won the Greyhound Derby.

Also, I THINK more dogs than bitches have won the Waterloo Cup.

In non-ped Whippet racing, its predominantly dogs that win the scratch races, although there has been some tremendous scratch bitches.

Whereas in the yards for pounds racing, when the supreme bitch and dog ran off against each other , only two dogs won in 25 years.

This leads me to think the heavier dog beats the lighter bitch when ran together, but when matched pound for pound, the bitches win.

Doesnt prove anything, maybe someone even more nerdy than me could take an in-depth look at the Derby and Waterloo Cup results ? ?

Cheers.

I've posted the Forley Cup results and the bitches have won by some margin. 

I'm sure you or someone will know the results of the Derby and Waterloo? 

I suppose in hare coursing there's even more variables than racing, in reality you are competing against the hare. 

Just now, Greb147 said:

I've posted the Forley Cup results and the bitches have won by some margin. 

I'm sure you or someone will know the results of the Derby and Waterloo? 

I suppose in hare coursing there's even more variables than racing, in reality you are competing against the hare. 

Yes, I see you posted the Forley results, that's why I didn't duplicate ?

The Derby and Waterloo Cup results are easily found , but they don't specify dog or bitch, and would have to be cross checked with Greyhound Data.

Whilst i find it a very interesting subject, I don't want to delve that deeply ?

Cheers.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

The Derby and Waterloo Cup results are easily found , but they don't specify dog or bitch, and would have to be cross checked with Greyhound Data.

Whilst i find it a very interesting subject, I don't want to delve that deeply ?

Cheers.

Can't be arsed ??

• Like 1
Just now, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

It is interesting, dogs are usually bigger and stronger than bitches so you think that would have an impact in the field but that doesn't seem to be the case as bitches often turn out the better hare killers out of a litter or so I've been told. 

2 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Lots of people sell lurcher bitch pups for more than the dogs, but with racing greyhounds it's the dog pups that are more expensive ??‍♂️

Isn't that the same with race horses? 

Maybe because a stud can fcuk half of England whereas the females are limited to what they can produce? ?

6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Am 90% sure 2 bitchs won derby in past 20yrs and in past 10 yrs before the ban only 2 bitchs won Waterloo Suncrest Tina being 1 of them that’s just off top of my head mind in greyhound racing bitchs seem to be better marathon performers but before a get gunned out there has been some brilliant marathon dogs too.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It is interesting, dogs are usually bigger and stronger than bitches so you think that would have an impact in the field but that doesn't seem to be the case as bitches often turn out the better hare killers out of a litter or so I've been told. 

I'm a believer in the old saying "don't believe anything you're told; and only  half of what you see".......especially in the lurcher game ! ??!

Ive never bred a litter, so I couldn't speak from personal experience wether bitches are better than dogs in a litter.

My last four were bitches, before that I had dogs, not because of any preference, just the way it fell ?

Cheers.

• Like 1