• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

Just read all 116 pages of this thread and I must say it's been a roller coaster, from saluki x's to bombing the middle east, our governments war and nhs budgets, non-ped whippets running rings around their coursing counterparts and of course who can forget the slop! Couple of quick observations for anyone not wanting to read the entire thread:

Greb asks a million questions, sometimes the same questions just worded different, this has kept the thread very lively.

MC foooookin loves the slop! The hares skipping and skimming, also saluki x is clearly the best.

Fens is a walking encyclopedia of all things coursing.

GL is a whippet fanatic who will destroy all cousing dogs, slop or non-slop. 

Charts is extremely well travelled and is sensible in debate, my guess is he's been in the game longer than I've been alive.

And Black neck very rarely says anything serious. 

I have little to add other than aesthetically, well kept coursing dogs look awesome where whippets always look like sly little buggers. And I've never seen any race with my eyes but from videos I'd rate dancer, blonde, lucky, Kim as the best....that's just my uneducated opinion though.

Absolute cracker of a thread, boys! 

Edited by scottpenn28
Brain and thumbs not working in unison
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4
41 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

Just read all 116 pages of this thread and I must say it's been a roller coaster, from saluki x's to bombing the middle east, our governments war and nhs budgets, non-ped whippets running rings around their coursing counterparts and of course who can forget the slop! Couple of quick observations for anyone not wanting to read the entire thread:

Greb asks a million questions, sometimes the same questions just worded different, this has kept the thread very lively.

MC foooookin loves the slop! The hares skipping and skimming, also saluki x is clearly the best.

Charts is extremely well travelled and is sensible in debate, my guess is he's been in the game longer than I've been alive.

I have little to add other than aesthetically, well kept coursing dogs look awesome where whippets always look like sly little buggers. And I've never seen any race with my eyes but from videos I'd rate dancer, blonde, lucky, Kim and razor as the best....that's just my uneducated opinion though.

Is this opinion based on experience or just what uve read 

48 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

I have little to add other than aesthetically, well kept coursing dogs look awesome where whippets always look like sly little buggers. And I've never seen any race with my eyes but from videos I'd rate dancer, blonde, lucky, Kim and razor as the best....that's just my uneducated opinion though.

I’ve never seen any footage of Razor, is that on YouTube? 

4 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I’ve never seen any footage of Razor, is that on YouTube? 

My apologies, didnt mean to type razor, was thinking to myself whilst typing that razor gets mentioned an awful lot but not much in this thread, then got carried away on my keyboard. However i remember watching a video and reading about a coursing dog that was hit by car/had bad injury then went 3/3 on some big runs, if what I remeber is true then surely that dog had to have the heart of a lion, which can go a long way in my opinion. 

19 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

That’s when it first happened, had to cut that flap off, out of action for at least 3 weeks now ?

80D90D91-55BF-4E0A-A2E9-E99A756195A5.jpeg

Never had any luck with damaged stoppers , they heal up and then split on the first run.

1 hour ago, scottpenn28 said:

Good judgement ??but you missed out lucky in ya hall of fame  do hope you can re assess the error of your ways ??

Edited by green lurchers
18 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Is this opinion based on experience or just what uve read 

Purely what I've read, you all have far more experience than me, have almost certainly been around this much longer than me, in reality, you could show me 2 completely different dogs running a hare and I wouldnt even notice different styles of running or anything. I just find it all interesting and this has been a throughly enjoyable thread, even if the parts where people talk family tree completely lost me 

20 hours ago, sandymere said:

I ran one of mine with a 2 year old heavily saluki blooded coursing type dog this morning.  

When you say ran, what do you mean? Playing around in a field chasing each other or running something?