Saluki's and their crosses.

2 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Doesn’t make much difference to the hare but it does to the dog because it’s about 10 time’s heavier so it sinks in more it’s not that hard to understand ?

Something you can’t grasp eh mate it sinks wether it’s a 5 pence or a fifty pence , makes plenty difference 27 in dog 12 in hare wats better suited 

Edited by green lurchers

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

Something you can’t grasp eh mate it sinks wether it’s a 5 pence or a fifty pence 

Something you can’t grasp eh mate it sinks wether it’s a 5 pence or a fifty pence 

watch as the hare and dog go past then look at the print the hare hasnt sunk mate its just skipped alomg the top 

1 hour ago, The drover said:

I would say so on smaller land , steady type and bald grass . Yes 

Had and saw plenty heavy lurchers lift hares in heavy ground flat parks same dogs get straight lined mc started a legend feck chip an pin mc hammer king of the slop..... merry Christmas lads hope all yer rabbits got long ears 

6 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Had and saw plenty heavy lurchers lift hares in heavy ground flat parks same dogs get straight lined mc started a legend feck chip an pin mc hammer king of the slop..... merry Christmas lads hope all yer rabbits got long ears 

?a hare on good going with half descent dog wont last a minute mate come on ?

20 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

The hare has got the advantage on heavy going as it is light and just skims over the top where the dog is sinking in a few inch, much harder for the dog than the hares in them conditions 

You only need to walk across it yourself to see how heavy going it is and how much easier it is on firm ground unless on a golf course then they really fly 

3 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

It is Xmas but no I’m not winding you up if you believe hare isn’t diss advantaged running on bottomless slop good luck to you 

why does a strong hare last 5 minuters longer dead a winter on the slop then gl ?

It is Xmas but no I’m not winding you up if you believe hare isn’t diss advantaged running on bottomless slop good luck to you 

Ok the hare might be a tad slower than if it was running on solid ground but the dog is at more of a disadvantage than the hare because it sinks in even more, would you not agree with that 

1 minute ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Ok the hare might be a tad slower than if it was running on solid ground but the dog is at more of a disadvantage than the hare because it sinks in even more, would you not agree with that 

but in the slop the hare as had frost on its back is fighting fit mate its a complete different animal ?

a whippet would get left like the hare has a rocket up its arse lol

Just now, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Fk me we got a tad slower mate look up the times of the grand national ran on firm ground and heavy ground  it sort of tells the story but does tad make it the 3 out of 3 along with skip n skim lol