Saluki's and their crosses.

On 28/11/2021 at 15:43, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Leave yourself off ! 

I live ten mins from Annan , I’ve ran dogs there all my life , don’t make out it’s a special place . 

Now the breeding has gone NO mixed blood but I think there could still be a couple of mister rights going about which could straight line your great dogs  I am bit late to answer your post, I would take you live down in Gretna, or around there 

as I said now is the time to show your great hound or next month, drop me a line 

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

A question for the lads who have owned pures and coursing breds, what is the longest course you've seen or heard of? 

I thought a hare has only got 5 mins in it, that's clearly not always the case. 

Minutes are a very long time when running a hare, I doubt I've seen any runs over 2 mins tbh. 

Just now, Greb147 said:

A question for the lads who have owned pures and coursing breds, what is the longest course you've seen or heard of? 

Minutes are a very long time when running a hare, I doubt I've seen any runs over 2 mins tbh. 

25 mins

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

ive had a few go close to 7 mins dead a winter  open land 

me bitch stopped one in 5 mins great run  straight on to next and went over 7 mins on that but missed second 

that grizzle ryan bred injured foot went 12 mins and stopped it after running and stopping one before hand 

that rosco i think ryan owned at one point went over 12 mins stopped on video but i think that dog always ran um and ran um

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

ive had a few go close to 7 mins dead a winter  open land 

me bitch stopped one in 5 mins great run  straight on to next and went over 7 mins on that but missed second 

that grizzle ryan bred injured foot went 12 mins and stopped it after running and stopping one before hand 

that rosco i think ryan owned at one point went over 12 mins stopped on video but i think that dog always ran um and ran um

What's all that about then when folk say a hare only has 5 mins in the tank? 

I know many folk don't like what they call plodders but runs that long are impressive feats of stamina. 

What's more impressive is how the hare can manage it as well. 

7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

What's all that about then when folk say a hare only has 5 mins in the tank? 

I know many folk don't like what they call plodders but runs that long are impressive feats of stamina. 

What's more impressive is how the hare can manage it as well. 

For me I get the best buzz when a dog makes a kill after a mega long run, but I like to see a long run from the hare being good not the dog being shite if you know what I mean 

• Like 1
Just now, baker boy said:

Perhaps the 1s going over 5 mins aint getting pushed hard enough

lol doesnt work like that although plenty that havent run strong hares think it does 

ive had me dog 4 mins allover em at some point it has to sit in and go again later in the course or you womt kill the strong uns mate 

6 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

For me I get the best buzz when a dog makes a kill after a mega long run, but I like to see a long run from the hare being good not the dog being shite if you know what I mean 

I know what you mean mate but how can that be properly judged though. 

Like Baker Boy just said, how can one say on that particular run that the hare was a monster and the dog did well or that the hare was shite and the dog made a meal out of it. 

I've seen plenty of poor hares, where the dog is all over it from the get go and it's turning inside out of itself. 

You usually can tell when a hare has got something about it right from the get go. 

There's that many variables with running hares it's hard to make black & white judgements. 

Just now, Greb147 said:

Like Baker Boy just said, how can one say on that particular run that the hare was a monster and the dog did well or that the hare was shite and the dog made a meal out of it. 

I've seen plenty of poor hares, where the dog is all over it from the get go and it's turning inside out of itself. 

You usually can tell when a hare has got something about it right from the get go. 

There's that many variables with running hares it's hard to make black & white judgements. 

you hit the nail on the head when you said you will know from the get go it wont be a kick up it will take a min to put first bend in and it will be ripping out the turns the dog having to reel it back in  the dog wont get sat in until about 2 and a half 3 mins in to the course the few a these you hit in a season are unbeieveable 

• Like 1
On 14/06/2021 at 19:18, mC HULL said:

No they was good salukis mate but rich didn't let poor at em most coursing lads got the pure blood from one source didnt have pures to breed them with 

In the foley best dogs about pures was in the finals mate with coursing breds ? more good men had coursing bred Then  pures so more quality about 

There been hare killers here since 1890s mate 

Get the violins out rich poor bull

34 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I’ve always said you’ve got to know the dog to know the hare to a certain extent, for example if you see a dog run that you have never seen before and it gets a 4 or 5 minute run it doesn’t mean it was a top notch hare, but if you own a dog a know it is a good sharp killer and you get a 5 minute run you know it was a good hare, a good hare won’t be bouncing round in little circles in front of the dog not matter how fast the dog 

• Like 2