• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

well lads there is an old saying you breed a dog for the land you are going to run your dogs on,

Back in the day late 50s 60s, we bred colliexgrey x Deerhound xgrey,  those two breeds were bred from working stock IE, the collie was from aworking hill collie and the grey was a coursing grey, the Deerhound was from a working Scottish Deerhound, that blood is no longer available, today, I must state that that those breeds, were hard bred dogs and were more than capable of putting meat on the table, in DAYLIGHT, and they were never at the vets, or bone man, 

Today the Saluki highbred is yes a running dog = BUT 90% need to run there quarry for about 4to 5 minutes before they make a score other words they are running there quarry into the ground there has been a few good ones up here but very few, I was always a daylight man, and my opinion a good dog will perform on most ground, I have never run on the Slope, like your dogs have never run the grass parks were the sheep have grazed, The hare can run and so can the good dog, I have only had Saluki blood in my dogs for the past few years, I have had more disappointments, than I care to mention 

one good one was bred from Lucas, I believe she was the best bitch that was bred down from Lucas, her dam was the old Scottish Hare coursing blood,  the sires gene an her gene just matched, she took out 4 In one field up here in December, 

down in Yorkshire she ran two and put two to bed, I put it on (The hills and Fens) which is no longer running, That was in the middle of January,  there was one guy on there slating the dog Called Lucas, and I offered him to come up and have a couple of runs, he declined,  now to kill all the myths about Scottish Hares the brown ones I am talking about Now is the time to start running them IF IT WAS ALLOWED, what I have seen of the modern Saluki high breed yes there has been great ones the best  But they are very few and far between,    these are facts not fiction, am to old to walk the fields now  I 76cgoing an a couple but struggle with some fences ,  76 going 77      and i still walk my dog twice a day I am just going out for a walk with him now,

• Like 9
7 minutes ago, border lad said:

well lads there is an old saying you breed a dog for the land you are going to run your dogs on,

Back in the day late 50s 60s, we bred colliexgrey x Deerhound xgrey,  those two breeds were bred from working stock IE, the collie was from aworking hill collie and the grey was a coursing grey, the Deerhound was from a working Scottish Deerhound, that blood is no longer available, today, I must state that that those breeds, were hard bred dogs and were more than capable of putting meat on the table, in DAYLIGHT, and they were never at the vets, or bone man, 

Today the Saluki highbred is yes a running dog = BUT 90% need to run there quarry for about 4to 5 minutes before they make a score other words they are running there quarry into the ground there has been a few good ones up here but very few, I was always a daylight man, and my opinion a good dog will perform on most ground, I have never run on the Slope, like your dogs have never run the grass parks were the sheep have grazed, The hare can run and so can the good dog, I have only had Saluki blood in my dogs for the past few years, I have had more disappointments, than I care to mention 

one good one was bred from Lucas, I believe she was the best bitch that was bred down from Lucas, her dam was the old Scottish Hare coursing blood,  the sires gene an her gene just matched, she took out 4 In one field up here in December, 

down in Yorkshire she ran two and put two to bed, I put it on (The hills and Fens) which is no longer running, That was in the middle of January,  there was one guy on there slating the dog Called Lucas, and I offered him to come up and have a couple of runs, he declined,  now to kill all the myths about Scottish Hares the brown ones I am talking about Now is the time to start running them IF IT WAS ALLOWED, what I have seen of the modern Saluki high breed yes there has been great ones the best  But they are very few and far between,    these are facts not fiction, am to old to walk the fields now  I 76cgoing an a couple but struggle with some fences ,  76 going 77      and i still walk my dog twice a day I am just going out for a walk with him now,

Good man 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, border lad said:

was good site the hills fens border lad dont see much of geoff on here now 

you get a good sal cross mate i dont think nothing comes close 

4/5 mins is a good run 

id say a lot will be killed under 3 mins 

and bambi as soon as they get there 

plenty knock bunnys over 

i think a strong hare winter isnt going over unless its run down mate 

41 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

was good site the hills fens border lad dont see much of geoff on here now 

you get a good sal cross mate i dont think nothing comes close 

4/5 mins is a good run 

id say a lot will be killed under 3 mins 

and bambi as soon as they get there 

plenty knock bunnys over 

i think a strong hare winter isnt going over unless its run down mate 

By a tractor ? ? ? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Maximus Ferret said:

?Nothing wrong with them at all. I just don't like the colour. If i was looking for a coursing dog I'd have one if everything else was OK.

?I'd have a tartan one mate as long as it could put them to bed lol

• Like 2