• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

15 hours ago, shaaark said:

This was just a stab in the dark, as I have hardly any idea as to recessive genes! ? lol

Lots of different types of running dogs in Africa to Asia but all look sal type but different coat ,size for running in different places like hot /cold or mountains or desert and I'd guess they Is running types that little is known about out side the region they used .

Maybe sandy is right about afghan blood ,just like we put different breeds into the mix to make a lurcher so would the tribes of Asia/Africa. 

As for the afghan as a working type, it wouldn't have been wanted or needed by the tribes if it didn't work .

• Like 2

A large proportion of racing salukis have greyhound blood,  the greyhound is the  ultimate racing machine so it's only sensible,  the Spanish also use it to breed racing  Galgos.  It's not popular in coursing dogs but horses for courses. 

12 hours ago, mC HULL said:

he had same luck as me with the blood clots when i was a young un mate finished you bk then so he finished 86 he run the odd 3/4 but liked pures more 

russ who bred eve his pure prince was from him and i think russ liked that a lot mate and he had plenty a coursing breds ?

You got any pics of your old man's early pures and crosses? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Crossbreds Yeah. Her brother and sister did well at saluki coursing etc, that Khan Jihad is off her brother. You'll of read all this lol

I haven't mate Tbf, never took much notice off all the in's and out's of the coursing scene.

16 hours ago, Greb147 said:

So your old man got given one off a farmer and that dog was put in to a lot of lurcher crosses? 

I'd had guessed that it was the lads who were in to the coursing clubs and all that who would have started importing them. 

I very much doubt the small time moocher would have bothered until they became more popular. 

I imagine importing them was a dear do back in the day. 

First one i ever saw around Rotherham would have been 1975 and remember the owner saying the well known greyhound coursing man Crim Smith who then had the well known dog lads boozer the Crossfield Tavern at High Green nr Sheffield breeding a litter of f1x though i don't know what kennel club prefix the saluki was from.

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I haven't mate Tbf, never took much notice off all the in's and out's of the coursing scene.

Did you just look at the pictures in them books you were on about.

The salukis and crosses are mostly bred off any saluki folk could get a hold of, that's why it's mostly the same blood and the sals are inbred lol