Saluki's and their crosses.

3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Same here and you often here the owner on tape referring to herding blood in him even though their was some class hare killing dog's in his pedigree and proven bloodlines their was also a good honest dog with collie blood in him in the make up of this unique dog.

You hear him say on tape he herded that hare up like an old collie dog, never heard him say there is actually collie in him, what dog in his make up has collie in ? The only thing i can think of is maybe his mother seal ? Not sure exactly how she was bred 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Posted Images

Maybe some coursing dogs did have the odd bit of non coursing blood somewhere in the lines but it would be that diluted it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference, I hardly doubt that's the reason for them being great dogs. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Maybe some coursing dogs did have the odd bit of non coursing blood somewhere in the lines but it would be that diluted it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference, I hardly doubt that's the reason for them being great dogs. 

Collie, beddy, bull, "Norfolk" all sorts in them at the start. But like you say mainly saluki

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

You hear him say on tape he herded that hare up like an old collie dog, never heard him say there is actually collie in him, what dog in his make up has collie in ? The only thing i can think of is maybe his mother seal ? Not sure exactly how she was bred 

i think seal was merlin eve bred aswell 

1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

Remember a article in the cmw about MP Lucky and Tina, and he mentions something about collie blood and herding to the guy. It's the saluki blood though imo, purebreds work hares don't they

That's it, if other blood was in there at some point they were great dogs despite that blood not because of it. 

It was the saluki blood and smart breeding that made them top hare killers. 

12 hours ago, mC HULL said:

lucky was bred from cauldfields joe cindy fens was on about earlier was double joe he is  out of swoop merlin x eve 

eve was from prince pure saluki  x gypsey

merlin was fly xtoby fly was from pure saluki bitch to broken coated lurcher and i think toby was bred the same as was wittlesea macs  sal 

gypsey was bred bluexdawn blue was first cross saluki greyhound

prince the pure saluki the pure that blue was from and the pure fly and toby were from were all the same line of saluki 

buddy was foxyxcharlie foxy was  seagull xmd joe  seagull was fredxeve  joe was merlin xlilly eves sister charlie went back to eve and merlins brother rebel 

years of coursing hares still doing it today plengty a different lines but all the same family really 

Glad we got that cleared up

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

On my bucket list is a trip to the USA running dogs. Pronghorn antelopes are on my list of species I’d love to see run out there. 

I've said I would get over to Dan the man in Illinois one day and have a few days out with him and the lads on the coyotes. If I remember correctly he used to say that dogs have no chance on the pronghorns. Still it would be great to watch.

5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i don’t think there was herding dog in his make up mate i think he meant it’s herding that’s how a saluki runs it will get tighter and tighter each bend slows the hare up 

he was an excellent dog but unique ? his style was suppose to be same as his sire cauldfields joe another classy dog who was out of swoop same again classy so not really unique i wouldn’t say butt definitely a quality dog 

Whippet in ther as well as collie lol  he drilled em from the off relentless. How proper dog should be instead of the yawn 

Edited by green lurchers

One thing I've noticed about this coursing bred dog compared to my old and other lurchers I've seen, is the sheer power and agility in the run. He will knock other dogs out of the way with his arse at full speed spinning in circles, change direction 90° at top flight without slowing in the slightest. It's unbelievable to watch. Whether that's just him or coursing bred in general, I don't have enough experience to say but it is fuucking impressive to watch.

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Whippet in ther as well as collie lol  he drilled em from the off relentless. How proper dog should be instead of the yawn 

drilled em from the off ?you wont kill the strong hares unless the dog knows when to sit in work it the dog had brains running with its head up at times 

there would never be a whippet born be haslf the dog he was 

5 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

She was half smithfield 

16 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

drilled em from the off ?you wont kill the strong hares unless the dog knows when to sit in work it the dog had brains running with its head up at times 

That's what I was saying with his unusual style, it's like he wasn't even trying with his head up like that, I can't imagine it being the most efficient way of running at near your limit. 

29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Mate bred lucky more action than yours got Jackson lol you woukd t know the breeding as. Long as your legs are short lololol 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Haha 1