Saluki's and their crosses.

It's a crying shame that we never hear about these ancient desert dogs on here. 

Apparently they have been used with great success in the coursing world.

Here's a thread to discuss their abilities. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Greb147 changed the title to Saluki's and their crosses.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Posted Images

ill start mate ?there been used for 2000 plus years to provide meat for the table hunting gazelle hare fox and jackel this country every type a deer lol

there adapted to every single country continent they have been to 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

ill start mate ?there been used for 2000 plus years to provide meat for the table hunting gazelle hare fox and jackel this country every type a deer lol

there adapted to every single country continent they have been to 

Question then, why aren't saluki's the preferred dog of choice in the coursing scene of the UK? 

Why are line bred dogs superior, going by what you're saying nothing can improve ve them?

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Question then, why aren't saluki's the preferred dog of choice in the coursing scene of the UK? 

Why are line bred dogs superior, going by what you're saying nothing can improve ve them?

because lads couldnt always get quality blood salukis wasnt available to working class in 60s 70s mate vwery much what they did get went into lurchers greyhound then back to each other most of the copursing blood goes back to the same saluki blood mate so the matchmen lads who work em hard had more access to coursing bred resulting in a better hound 

• Like 1
Just now, baker boy said:

Is there any particular strain quicker killing than others, I get bored shitless watching the war of attrition that is modern day coursing ( pre ban?? )

early season fast type land there dead like a pure greyhound mate lol lampinmg hares hardly a bend rabbit just poicked up first straight not a bend 

if you actually tried running what you think was fast against one youd see there faster than you think 

a 3/4 grey wont even bend a hare on the slop mate 

anyone got a real fast whippet whippet grey they  think would lead a coursing bred ill have a friendly wager this season ive seen loads what lads think a fast types because they run legs off ten to the dozen they never lead one looks are decieving 

ive seen some slow shite like but good one is very fast 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

anyone got a real fast whippet whippet grey they  think would lead a coursing bred ill have a friendly wager this season ive seen loads what lads think a fast types because they run legs off ten to the dozen they never lead one looks are decieving 

ive seen some slow shite like but good one is very fast 

Tek a breath your going blue

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

because lads couldnt always get quality blood salukis wasnt available to working class in 60s 70s mate vwery much what they did get went into lurchers greyhound then back to each other most of the copursing blood goes back to the same saluki blood mate so the matchmen lads who work em hard had more access to coursing bred resulting in a better hound 

So you're saying the base of these coursing legends was of poor quality? 

Why was the latest of the pre-ban action still dominated by these lurchers instead of pures. 

And how can you say that the pures were of poor quality and that there was better in the desert lands if they had never entered these shores? 

Just now, Greb147 said:

So you're saying the base of these coursing legends was of poor quality? 

Why was the latest of the pre-ban action still dominated by these lurchers instead of pures. 

And how can you say that the pures were of poor quality and that there was better in the desert lands if they had never entered these shores? 

No they was good salukis mate but rich didn't let poor at em most coursing lads got the pure blood from one source didnt have pures to breed them with 

In the foley best dogs about pures was in the finals mate with coursing breds ? more good men had coursing bred Then  pures so more quality about 

There been hare killers here since 1890s mate 

19 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

What did you think of Paul Sagar's pures, mC ?

Cheers.

I never seen them mate but looked descent on vid I seen and I got tepe gawra bk in mine mate and he had knightellington blood  aswell didn't he mate quality aswell 

You see them charts