Taking the plunge.

I’ve kept my Cpc going in case I decide to go back on the wagons,1 of the sites I do offered me a driving job £5000 a year more than what I’m on.It’s delivering to the pups but I like my pest control plus I’m getting to old to be humping kegs about.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh thank f**k you've told us we've all been so worried

Ironically the guy you’ve constantly been calling a skiver and dole scrounger is probably best placed to answer any concerns you might have …….

I’ve got to the stage in my business now that the price is the price and I don’t lower it for anybody. Pay me what I’m asking or find somebody else. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I don't know what it's like elsewhere but round here a good handy man could earn a good living. 3-4 times a week I get asked to recommend someone to do some pest proofing, bird proofing solar panels, cutting trees and undergrowth back etc. Our kids a chimney sweep and he often doesn't have time to fit bird cowls or patching up fireplaces. We fell out with our usual odd job man and we are really stuck for someone to recommend. I've got half a dozen jobs at home need doing plus mums hedges need cutting and a shed knocking down. 

If I was out of work at the minute or starting again I'd be getting a van, trailer, decent set of ladders and just freelancing it. Get in touch with local tradesmen and businesses and offering my services 

The amount of farmers I hear saying they could do with a handy man just to come and do odd jobs around the farm is mental. If I wasn’t so reliant on my income at the minute I would be seriously thinking about buying a van and looking into it. 

• Like 1

Sounds like the good thing is that all these race to the bottom cretins who want to murder everyone on price will be in deep shit……good !

Decent people have value and they should get the right money.

9 minutes ago, WILF said:

Sounds like the good thing is that all these race to the bottom cretins who want to murder everyone on price will be in deep shit……good !

Decent people have value and they should get the right money.

I’ve got to the stage in my business now that the price is the price and I don’t lower it for anybody. Pay me what I’m asking or find somebody else. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Just now, socks said:

Exactly the same mate, nothing wrong with attaching a bit of value to yourself if you do good work 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Mate of mines got a terrace house he's selling, he's just phoned to say he wants in tarting up, bit of painting, new skirts on 2 walls. He can't find a decorator to come within 6 weeks! 

There all to busy watching paint dry mate 

Round me here if  young lad got a decent van with a mower and half decent tools,be reliable,honest,clean and tidy you could make 1000 a week,people are crying out for help.but half of the dinlos would rather go on benefits.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, socks said:

Looked at a job last week, we were recommended to him from the suppliers... I didn't really like him from the off, dunno why just got thd feeling...anyhow half way round he taps me on the arm and says.."Kev, you need to really look after me on the price"... why i thought...I dont even know you, or owe you f**k all..

I told him we are booked out until next Feb, which we are, we don't need the work... I said the price is the price and I'd give him 3 other numbers for him to ring if he's not happy with it ..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Company I work for are crying out for welders atm

but also are offering a incentive to get more applicants 

77381E89-B31B-49BA-BAC5-03D01F47EF5E.jpeg

Tell em I'll start next week...... On Tuesday! ?

• Haha 1

The skill shortage is only going to get worse and needs to be sorted at secondary education level. Its pretty clear what children are not academically minded from a early age so start looking at the individuals and channel their interest in a skill set. Bring back brick laying, plastering, mechanical engineering, welding, sewing etc, there is no point persisting with algebra with little Johnny if he struggles or shows no interest, all it does is chips away at a childs confidence and self ability.

Of course It will never happen, the teachers and the current curriculum is more interested in re-writing our history and ramming weird ideologies down the kids throats than preparing them for a future job market.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
12 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

The skill shortage is only going to get worse and needs to be sorted at secondary education level. Its pretty clear what children are not academically minded from a early age so start looking at the individuals and channel their interest in a skill set. Bring back brick laying, plastering, mechanical engineering, welding, sewing etc, there is no point persisting with algebra with little Johnny if he struggles or shows no interest, all it does is chips away at a childs confidence and self ability.

Of course It will never happen, the teachers and the current curriculum is more interested in re-writing our history and ramming weird ideologies down the kids throats than preparing them for a future job market.

That was me, school was a disaster, should have been removed by age 12 and taught a trade as it was clear I had no interest in mainstream education and just went right off the rails, I also detracted from other people’s education by disrupting everything at every opportunity, very capable with my hands but the nogging was wired a bit differently ??

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Greyman said:

That was me, school was a disaster, should have been removed by age 12 and taught a trade as it was clear I had no interest in mainstream education and just went right off the rails, I also detracted from other people’s education by disrupting everything at every opportunity, very capable with my hands but the nogging was wired a bit differently ??

Never............I would have never guessed that when I met you ??   

• Haha 1