Taking the plunge.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh thank f**k you've told us we've all been so worried

Ironically the guy you’ve constantly been calling a skiver and dole scrounger is probably best placed to answer any concerns you might have …….

I’ve got to the stage in my business now that the price is the price and I don’t lower it for anybody. Pay me what I’m asking or find somebody else. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

we had a member off here do similar at my folks, turnt up in his trannie with caravan and park on the pavement with 4/5 dogs running loose. was f***ing brilliant, neighbours still talk about it 

Ooty? ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, fireman said:

I knew it was to the moment i read it.....:laugh: :laugh: ..

2 minutes ago, fireman said:

I knew it was to the moment i read it.....:laugh: :laugh: ..

I guessed lol 

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Greyman said:

I,ve never been to your folks ? I did go up to see shovel leaner off here a while back, arrived a bit early as I,m prone to do and sat outside a lovely little church in a lovely little hamlet waiting for him, he phoned me and asked me to move down the road as  the neighbours were calling him about the gypo sat in the van outside ????

Did you get much scrap ? ?

• Haha 1

Question for the long term tax dodgers. 

Regarding fuel expenses, I've  read that you claim 45p a mile for the first 10k and 25p thereafter. 

Something doesn't add up right though, so if I do 15k a year I can claim for £5,750?

That's not right as most lads rebate is much less than that. 

Always been on the books so excuse my understanding. ?

54 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Question for the long term tax dodgers. 

Regarding fuel expenses, I've  read that you claim 45p a mile for the first 10k and 25p thereafter. 

Something doesn't add up right though, so if I do 15k a year I can claim for £5,750?

That's not right as most lads rebate is much less than that. 

Always been on the books so excuse my understanding. ?

I just log my mileage every month accountant will sort it when it’s time.. 

• Like 1

Get an accountant,you can claim for fuel,vehicle ,servicing,tyres ,etc ,computers,your partner has to go and buy paper ,ink etc for typing up invoices, lots of stuff can be claimed for with out a receipt too.and different wording gets you different tax rebates.its a minefield but if your on the books ,your company will deduct your tax,so if your on a day,week rate thiers not alot of swerving that can be done.

Just going through the maths of things and in all honesty I think I would be slightly down over the year if I don't do any weekends. 

The rates are quite good 18's to 20's per hour but not amazing if you're only getting payed 8 or 9 hours a day. 

Then again it would be a joy not having to do saturday nights, be great having full weekends to myself. 

6 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Cant have it all mate

Looking that way mate. 

I'm sure once I get in to it there will be weekend work available out there. ?

Always said I'd rather do Sat and Sunday day rather than a Saturday night shift. ?

Just now, baker boy said:

Get your hours in and get on the relays, always a Sunday day shift going cos all the RRV regulars want a double on the weekends

Haven't got my RRV ticket mate, on some coin them at our place. 

Might as well say bye bye to your social life if you get in to that game. ?