Taking the plunge.

7 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Sounds a Cushty job king. But does it not get boring in the same place day in day out? Give me my tractor and the countryside every time. Plenty of hours if you want them. But in quiet times can get a day off next day as long as all the work is done etc ??

When I was 17 I worked in a factory on a sewing machine making M&S blouses mate for 9 months ? now that was very boring..

It's what I'm used to mate.driving machines it's maybe sad but I do quite like driving plant keeping everything nice and neat clean etc..

The countryside is definitely better to work in no doubt..I can strip the topsoil off your field for you and put it in a neat long bund for greb to sit on loading trucks ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh thank f**k you've told us we've all been so worried

Ironically the guy you’ve constantly been calling a skiver and dole scrounger is probably best placed to answer any concerns you might have …….

I’ve got to the stage in my business now that the price is the price and I don’t lower it for anybody. Pay me what I’m asking or find somebody else. 

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, doglad1 said:

Takes some doing 5m a day 

Aye it does that stones 4 8 an 12 inch off a found of boulders  so aye 5 m is a shove but we been doing it regular big civils mate throw money at you if your quick  

1 minute ago, jackthelad said:

Aye it does that stones 4 8 an 12 inch off a found of boulders  so aye 5 m is a shove but we been doing it regular big civils mate throw money at you if your quick  

That will do then

Somethings got to give,works crazy,materials are going up daily,can't get hold of anything,cars,vans,tippers,trailers, care workers,tradesmen,etc,etc,the quarry near me for aggregates is 7 day wait .bloody joke.my garderners on 150 notes aday,world's gone effing crackers

Day 2 update, arrived on site and got told I will be driving the digger all day. 

Spent the shift stripping soil and bunding it ready for the wagons tomorrow. 

The aircon was barely working so I was sweating like a cornered nun. 

First ever full time shift in one today and it was a long old day, not sure I could sit in one day in day out forever. 

Groundworker/digger driver sounds better, with digger rates though. ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, baker boy said:

If you think its a long day in it now what you gonna be like when the novelty wears off..?

That's what I've been thinking. ?

Probably would have been a bit more comfortable had the cnuting aircon worked properly. ?

• Haha 1

I always liked an old Muhammad Ali quote for such decisions...." Those who are unwilling to take risks will accomplish nothing ".......a normal " safe " 9 to 5 life suits some people and they do fine on it...its about knowing your own personality and characteristics....personally i wouldnt of lasted 5 minutes doing " safe " living i havent got the whole " work hard " attributes for a start.....its all about being honest with yourself i think.....good luck whatevr you decide.

• Like 2