A deep loss for the Irish terrier world

19 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Gents, it’s with a heavy heart I pass on the sad news that  Ger O’Donoghue (Corkman on here)has passed away. He battled bravely but finally lost the battle. Ger was a true gentleman and honest human being. The craic with had out with the dogs was second to none. Every day out with Ger was a pleasure. An extremely knowledgeable man on so many things in life and he thought me to re think plenty of ideas I had about dogs and digging. The effort Ger put into the IWTF and protecting Terrierwork will never be forgotten and I don’t think people will ever realise the impact he made to our cause. My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this sad time. RIP. Ger.

You got your usernames a wee bit mixed up jigsaw ? was p3d who passed away... 

• Confused 1

I have to echo all the good things that are being said about Ger here. From our first conversation in 2012 ,he was the same gent right  the way through.

As some of the lads said above "when others stood back, Ger stood up". So true.

We spent many hours discussing the future of terrier work in Ireland. His legacy is not a line of working terriers that he put his own particular stamp on,or old photographs of men in deep digs and famous terriers. He gave his time willingly so others could continue to enjoy our sport for years to come.

Thats a legacy we can all share.

Thank you Ger.  R I P to a good friend.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1