• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Personally,..I believe that the initial hybridisation twixt two different types , whilst being more than satisfactory for most enthusiasts, invariably tempt many of us to go to the next stage, and t

Here's a wee first X wheaten...out X by the greyhound side... But the out X was actually a granddaughter of original site... 13 months old broken to stock... First time out ferreting...bolted 8 she ca

What I did was I told you a story that’s true and there are other witnesses on here. The bitch in question caught all of those things, she was never ever a hare dog, she just had a big enough heart to

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fenman1# said:

That was a dirty one jigsaw

tell me about it ,I will never forget it ,bank holiday Monday it was ,he was chasing something substancial,over a tree stump and he stopped all of a sudden ,i was thinking hes after throwing in the towel..when i got to him i saw the wound ,i nearly vomited lol....i rang the vet straight away ,he told me he wasnt open unless it was an emergency,...oh its one of them allright i told him...sent him a photo ,he was waiting for me at the door of the surgery when i got there..3 operations and he was right..ish as rain 9 months later ...the blood drained from my body that day ,lol...he caught 2 more hares only after that ,but he took a lot of goats ,...he was retired the year after ..

• Like 1

Saluki owners ay lol , thing is out all Salukis I’ve ever seen all of them were toss bar two , and I’ve seen a couple , the two I’ve seen one had collie in  the other was a half cross both would kill hare rabbit one would do fox and deer too the rest were yappers and wank , does that mean all saluki crosses are wank ??? No does it f**k , I’ve seen 23” bull x make 28” bull cross look like fools on teeth , but anyone who thinks any breed of dog is the best hunting dogs a f***ing ejit , a good dog man will get the best out of a dog but if it’s not in the dog it’s not in it , , if I was going for a hare coursing dog I’d get a saluki x type ,if I was going for a fox dog I’d go for a bull x , tools for jobs really 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

lets have some pics mate of these great dogs with bag fulls a game ?  

or please show me one 3 runs a night is no good is it no wonder they manage 2 rtimes a week lol

Dout people are going be sticking pictures up off all there game on open forums just to prove to you that there dogs can do stuff that you dout , are you on moochers , there where couple lads on there who put bags of mixed game up regularly,rabbits deer fox and hare , and not in ones or two and they weren’t half x Salukis , to be fare one them lads dogs was a collie cross , 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Better than a bull x on everything but fox mate 

No hull the saluki or xs have better wind /feet and can run any ground regular that's a given but when things get emotional I would back a bull x in my opinion you get the best of both worlds when there mixed 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tyla said:

Thats one of the things about them that interests me, everyone who has seen one says they are good and yet they are really uncommon. I'm keen to try for myself and find out

They are very good I was going to mention this cross but couldn't be arsed good feet good coat natural retrievers and can take a knock 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

No hull the saluki or xs have better wind /feet and can run any ground regular that's a given but when things get emotional I would back a bull x in my opinion you get the best of both worlds when there mixed 

Much better brain aswell mate can  read  land stood still speed is much better aswell mate 

I never said there's any thing wrong with a small amount a bull mate

12 minutes ago, shaaark said:

@McHull, you seem to be mellowing, and changing your opinions of any running dog that's NOT just sal/coursing bred.  ?

I talk sense mate as lamper all rounder there's a few different types tidy 

First crosses there's only 2 id ever go near as all-rounder mate ? 

Sal grey

Whip.grey 

Bitza can be OK but hard to replicate 

Fox dog id go 1/4 bull rest grey rapid short bursts 

I wanted a killer relentless day or night that you know were id go  ? 

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

he caught 2 more hares only after that ,but he took a lot of goats ,...he was retired the year after ..

I've only caught feral goats with bull breeds who grabbed the throat, did your dog ear the goats as my mate's staghound does? Just interested.

Edited by Aussie Whip

Only, going on the dog that I've had and worked, I say 1x gsd x grey, are very good knock about type lurcher, good in the lamp, good in the day, great noise, good stamina, fair pace for big dogs,. If come out right like my big dog did. It be the 1x I get again deff?  or possibly a bel mal x grey,  or back to lurcher, both make a good x. 

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Tyla said:

If I was to take on a first cross grey it would be a lab x, probably wouldn't be for everyone but I think it could well do good for what I do. I've wanted one for a long time and when the time is right I intend to have one.

If I was going for a smaller first x I would try another whippet russell x, the one I have had has been everything I wanted and more. Ideally I would just clone him.

Neither would be hare dogs, before the oracle starts off on one, but I don't hunt hares so that doesn't matter to me.

If I do get another lurcher it will be a small type after seeing my mates whippet x springer and looking after her for a week when he was on holiday this is a cross or a lab cross I would contemplate getting. 

• Like 2