• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Personally,..I believe that the initial hybridisation twixt two different types , whilst being more than satisfactory for most enthusiasts, invariably tempt many of us to go to the next stage, and t

Here's a wee first X wheaten...out X by the greyhound side... But the out X was actually a granddaughter of original site... 13 months old broken to stock... First time out ferreting...bolted 8 she ca

What I did was I told you a story that’s true and there are other witnesses on here. The bitch in question caught all of those things, she was never ever a hare dog, she just had a big enough heart to

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Mate, in his own way, he's calling us all liars.  He even called me a liar, because my kc reg whippets were well over 20" tts, so, in his words 'they must be grews'.  Lol

lads never been known to add greyhound to whippet mate on the sly and call em kc have they mate ?

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

ill tell you why asweell  a greyhound is lacking stamina hardiness half saluki fix that

there demons mate on the lamp nearly all ive seen 

what would you go for 

dont say a f***ing deerhound pet over a gtrack dog please lol

You tell folk a lot in fact to much 

18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i seen jack russel catch an hare mate ?

if you think and are telling lads a 5/8 bull is a capable running dog bags a rabbits hares deer fox then i think every man with a dog on here thats seen out knows your lying 

I got 3q terrier q whippet that's took hare in cover ,shed follow a line like a beagle and run it to a stand still .

1 minute ago, Moocher71 said:

I got 3q terrier q whippet that's took hare in cover ,shed follow a line like a beagle and run it to a stand still .

Would you breed it with a bowline dog 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Moocher71 said:

never seen  one  go mate so cant wont comment but it be possible mate id a thought 

2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Faaack off, me and brother magoo aint having that!  You think we was born yesterday?!

14 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

so your dummys out because said bitch is grandmother to a dog you lost whos sister was give away because couldnt kill doubled up fox but was good enough to breed off  that you have a pup from

i think your hearing things you dont want to hear mate 

you sure your not the one promoting ??

I told you something I had seen, You called me a liar. That says it all to me. 

As someone just said to me about you “the mans a f*cking knob head, I don’t know him, and I don’t want to know him”. 

Couldn’t kill a doubled up fox ? what are you on about you plum. That bitch and her mother will have been some of the hardest bitches I’ve seen abs several folk on here will attest to that.

You do not have the first clue on earth about the mother to my pup, her mother or my pup. They would make your coursing dog look like a fecking lap dog ? you seem to hear what you want to hear, which is fine, but please don’t make things up about my dogs and don’t call me a liar unless you actually have something to base it on. 

Maybe you’re just on a wind up, hopefully you’re not that much of a knob! 

• Like 2
Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

If I was in a position to have a lurcher an it was first cross probably try another German shepherd type 

seen few lads have em mate for woods etc seem handy tyoes for teeth etc especially things in fod ?

• Like 1

? Personally,..I believe that the initial hybridisation twixt two different types , whilst being more than satisfactory for most enthusiasts, invariably tempt many of us to go to the next stage, and try to produce, something better.

I've attempted to create a superior end-product on several occasions, but my results have not always been better than the first attempts. Yes, I've admittedly gone up a notch speed-wise and even in stature,..but, sometimes I've felt that it had been a bit of a waste of time.? The one thing that any sane and sensible running dog/lurcher enthusiast should always bear in mind, is that, we all have different requirements from our chosen canine partners. 

It is not rocket science to acquire a particular style/breed of dog, if that is what you really want...

I've been privileged to walk out with some ultra -keen hunting ,men and their equally keen jukels, it's been great.?

Only a fool tries to compare one type of lurcher with another type of lurcher,...this is totally illogical?

Nowadays,...I only need a roustabout cur type,...anything far more high-powered would simply be a waste.

My choice today is a wee Whippet sized, Collie greyhound kind of critter. 

I use this little gal to catch all manner of pests in a variety of situations , ranging from rats in factory units or even in customers front rooms, to flushing Foxes and various deer from Forestry blocks, towards waiting guns. She is more than capable of working under the spotlight and catching a nice bag of rabbits. Her main attribute is in finding conies in difficult areas such as commercial Green Houses , farmyards, etc. Obviously, she is a ferreting fanatic, like me?

The facts are, if I am charging a customer a nominal fee, it is imperative that I succeed, so a 100% genuine accurate mark is essential.. Without that valuable tip-off, I am frequently,.. proper fecked?

A few lads local to me enjoy a run on the hares and the Roe , so I pick up, on a few commercial driven game shoots during the season. The Keepers are a genuine bunch and kindly allow us to have a few days with our running dogs when the shooting season has finished.. Having spent a good portion of my youth being prosecuted and slapped around for freelancing and mouching,..it takes some getting used to, not having to look over my shoulder.

My life with lurchers has changed,...personally, I feel it is for the better..

Enjoy your dogs lads,...while you still can..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

If I was in a position to have a lurcher an it was first cross probably try another German shepherd type 

I only no one lad who runs a German shepherd x lurcher but not a first x but its a grafter and puts some stuff away .

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I got a f1 as you no but in no way is she the finished article but first xs suit some folk , I think the first x a good starting point as long as you got the right one and I be honest every lad I spoke to who got siblings to mine are all happy with what they got .I'm hoping to get a stud lined up for next yr and should make similar breeding to yours  if I can talk her into it .

F1 is a excellent starting point yeah ? mate but there’s that little more in the cross to be had that people dedicated to just f1 don’t see I don’t believe no f1 is finished article my self. Hope the stud goes well. 

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I told you something I had seen, You called me a liar. That says it all to me. 

As someone just said to me about you “the mans a f*cking knob head, I don’t know him, and I don’t want to know him”. 

Couldn’t kill a doubled up fox ? what are you on about you plum. That bitch and her mother will have been some of the hardest bitches I’ve seen abs several folk on here will attest to that.

You do not have the first clue on earth about the mother to my pup, her mother or my pup. They would make your coursing dog look like a fecking lap dog ? you seem to hear what you want to hear, which is fine, but please don’t make things up about my dogs and don’t call me a liar unless you actually have something to base it on. 

Maybe you’re just on a wind up, hopefully you’re not that much of a knob! 

sheepchaser i couldnt give a f**k who wants to know me and who thinks im a knob head 

im basing it on what i seen with me eyes its my opinion you didnt like it so asked yes or no am i a liar and didnt like that answer  either  

im giving my opinion that makes me a f***ing knob head i guess i must be