Bit rough..

Ayup guys got a new hw99s .177  for the other half to use when i get my new springer in a few weeks... shes doin pretty well im teaching her how to shoot.

Its a nice gun love the newer updated stock on it. had a couple about 10 15 yeads ago and the stock is much nicer.

Got a package deal with a decent hawke 3.12x50 scope an bag etc. Put the scope on and went to the range today for an hour. Got it zeroed in at 25 yards then shot a nice shot 1 hole group. Its a harsh gun to shoot tho an twangs like an old banjo. Trigger is pretty heavy and the shot cycle is very snappy quite a lot of recoil. . Very hard to shoot qccurately!

Going to have to open her up an give her a bit of a polish an a relube. Might get a tuning kit if its still pretty bad afterwards. See what it looks like when i get in there ...

20210611_142900.jpg

20210611_140841.jpg

20210611_140836.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, villaman said:

You will need to sort out the galling problem as well as they all seem to have this problem 

Once  sorted a very nice gun to shoot ??

Was trying to push her towafds the 95k i had one before there awesome but she said the 99s was good enough . 

Jay dont get a 99 there too small and too light. 97 deffo. Maybe a 95 or 98 or 77. But not a 99.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, SKoT wolf said:

Ayup guys got a new hw99s .177  for the other half to use when i get my new springer in a few weeks... shes doin pretty well im teaching her how to shoot.

Its a nice gun love the newer updated stock on it. had a couple about 10 15 yeads ago and the stock is much nicer.

Got a package deal with a decent hawke 3.12x50 scope an bag etc. Put the scope on and went to the range today for an hour. Got it zeroed in at 25 yards then shot a nice shot 1 hole group. Its a harsh gun to shoot tho an twangs like an old banjo. Trigger is pretty heavy and the shot cycle is very snappy quite a lot of recoil. . Very hard to shoot qccurately!

Going to have to open her up an give her a bit of a polish an a relube. Might get a tuning kit if its still pretty bad afterwards. See what it looks like when i get in there ...

20210611_142900.jpg

20210611_140841.jpg

20210611_140836.jpg

I do like the stock on that mind skot

atvbjimmy

Stripped it down today took me about 35784267 hours to get them little square chuffing blocks out.. ?

finally got there.. spring is a little bit too loose on the rear guide than id like it to be.. the ends of the spring were pretty rugged so i smoothed them off. Polised piston up quite a bit. Piston seal was decent. Had quite a bit of grease infront of it mind. 

Degreased an regreased it all stuck it back together. Lightened trigger screw off a bit.. shoots a bit better than it did . It will do for now. 

Might get a 'tuning kit' with better spring an properly fitted guide an tophat thing but i really cba stripping it all down again.. its them little square bloody block things there an absolute nightmare. My old 95k they came out a hell of a lot easier! 

Think mines a really newer model the cocking arm had a weird extra bit on it. Still sounds noisy cocking it tho. 

It will do for our lass anyway

6 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

The original spring will take some beating just a decent fitting guide and top hat. And a milk carton sleeve ?

I was thinking of putting something thin around the spring guard to try stop the spring moving around but couldnt think of what to use !!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SKoT wolf said:

I was thinking of putting something thin around the spring guard to try stop the spring moving around but couldnt think of what to use !!

Not sure if milk carton around it would hold up.  Ive sleeved springs as a piston liner on them. Plenty of YouTube vids how to do them. 

I feckin hate them little square things that hold the rear block in - there was nothing wrong with that screw in block.

To be fair Skot, for a rifle that you didn't like the shot cycle, you still got decent accuracy from it :yes: